Contemporary optimizations plugin for local connected displays

Hello,
Thanks for the great works. I have followed all the step and install the mod successfully. However, every modification i made in .css was not appear in the browser. I can still select the mod even i delete one of the _x.css.
*I edit the .css via OSX Transmit. reboot the volumio and re-select the mod after I modified .css
Would you give me some suggestion what I have missed? Thanks.

Hi and thanks for the interest on this mod.
I don’t know exactly, have you also installed the UI Integration, or have you replace the css direct.
With the UI Integration you made the change on the file with _1.css or _2.css and then select again the mod 1 or mod 2 in Volumio settings. You don’t need a reboot. The UI copied the _1.css or _2.css to the original css without _1 or _2. and restart chromium to activate the settings.

1 Like

Hello 2aCD,
Could you please help me on next issue :
I have update to buster version v3.068. The oled files were retained during the udpate process but now I cannot switch to con_mod_1 layout . I have this :slight_smile:
image .
I have added again the index.json etc files . in sources I have the drop down list but when I select the mod_1 , the original contemporary remains active . I have deleted also the file from last step.

Many thanks

Hi Lintbf,
what is the original css file in buster. Is it this:
app-3a6d55fad7.css

Then it have a new ID and the replace procedure from UI not more works.

Can you upload the original css, I’ll compare it and create a new package for 3.068 buster version.

Hi 2aCD,

The new file in Volumio buster started with V3.068 I guess is the attached one . On volumio 2.x I do not have this file.

Many thanks app-3a6d55fad7.zip (32.8 KB)

Hi Lintbf,
can you give me a link, where can I find the 3.068 download, I can’t find it.

Hi 2aCD,
I have asked one of moderators. I have updated via Ota. I also could not find it. As soon as he respinds I will give you the link.

Or install it from here then activate test mode and do the Ota updates until mod will give the curent download link

https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumiobuster/3.051/Volumiobuster-3.051-2021-03-06-pi.zip

@2acd mod said to install above version then enter in test mode and update via Ota.

Ok I’ll try it with update.
I have compare now the old and the new original css file and have find some differences. So it’s necessary to patch the new file instead to use the old with a simple rename.
I’ll do this, but spend me a little bit time, to do this without mistakes. I’ll install at first a fresh buster and make an update to 3.068, to have a test environment.

I guess the latest is 3.061. Not 3.068. I have 3.061. And no update foujd on Ota check.
Take your time :slight_smile:
Mnay thanks again for your support.

v3.061 is latest … link now updated at top of Buster beta thread.

thanks @chsims1

So now here the new files v5.1 only for Buster 3.061 and greater

for small resolution displays:
app-3a6d55fad7.zip (42.0 KB)

for high resolution displays:
app-3a6d55fad7.zip (42.8 KB)

and with UI integration:
install.zip (89.9 KB)

Edit:
An updated download at first post exist!

hi 2aCD,

It works perfect :slight_smile:
I hope that volumio will not change the css file :slight_smile:

Many thanks

hi @2aCD ,
I just installed the latest V3.063 and your plugin, the display shows the coverart on top of the time line. I was using it with volumio 2.8 and it was side by side, did you change the way it shows?

Hi Alain,
can you check, if the filename of css the same as I have published for 3.061.
I’ll test with 3.063 in next time.

I have 3.063 version and everything is ok side by side.
The modification were done and 3.061 then Ota update to 3.063. All ok. Nothing ha been changed during update process.

the filename seems to be the same, it’s working for Lintbf.
Could it be my screen setting? I have a 3.5" DSI 800x480.

I have check this resolution and found no issues.
Do you use the css without custom changes as first step. Can you post a picture from your display?

here is a picture, I installed touch display plug-in before that.
I will reset everything and reinstall little by little to see if I still have this problem.

Hi Alain,
this is the standard css not the modified. Do you have download the v5.1 for Buster?