I like the contemporary design. It’s optimal for handy in portait or a standard display in landscape. But the 7" Raspberry original display is landscape with 400 pixel high, or rotate your handy to landscape - hm… and you see nothing optimal.
So I have make a little bit reverse engineering to optimize the css stylesheet for Contemporary design. I have not the environment to change the original website. The result is just a suggestion to optimize the original. The advantage is, you can use the same Contemporary in portrait mode on your phone and landscape on your small display.
To change the stylesheet I have copy the /volumio/http/www3/styles/app-936d2e26fe.css to local and unminimized the file for read and understand. All my changes are comment with /* ----- and to find.
The changes are only for small landscape resolutions.
- now play view with big albumart and player controls on the right side
- library view with smaller footer smaller header and smaller player bar
- the flexgrid for show albumarts a little bit smaller to show five covers instead 4 side by side.
here you see the result:
Have you installed a previous version of this mod please revert to original files in folder:
It’s important to make shure that no other files, copies or other css files exist in this folder.
Please copy the complete Install_appearance folder into /home/volumio and make the install_appearance.sh executable with:
chmod +x /home/volumio/Install_appearance/install_appearance.sh
and start the script with:
The install script create a copy of all modified original files in /home/volumio/Install_appearance and is tested with versions:
2.873, 2.882, 2.906
3.066, 3.067, 3.073, 3.074, 3.078 (buster)
Two mods are included:
- Mod 1: for small landscape displays to 800x400, higher resolutions switch to standard PC-View
- Mod 2: for higher resolution, The mobile view still exist to 1920x1080
All css modifications now available in UI (at first unfortunately in english)
After the installation the mods available in settings - appearance
Select the mod and scroll down again, then all options are available.
Latest version v5.4:
Install_appearance.zip (248.0 KB)
Now also an uninstall script is included. With this script it’s possible to restore all changed original files.
Please do this, if you want make a system update to a new VOLUMIO version.
If you want make an update from a previous version of this mod, please do the follow:
- uninstall the old version with the uninstall script
- rename or delete the old install_appearance folder
- copy the new folder to /home/volumio
- make the scripts executable again and start the install script
In addition you can find here my latest modifications to use the Contemporary Mods in combination with PeppyMeter as screen saver:
volumio project with 1920 display and peppymeter as screensaver