Connection problems possibly because of router lease time?

Hello,
I am running the latest version of Volumio (2.917) on a raspberry pi 4. The raspberry pi connects to the internet via ethernet from a netgear 1000 powerline (as the router is on the floor below).
Eversince I have used Volumio, I have had problems with Tidal connect dropouts-at first, I thought that it was a glitch with the software and resolved by doing a fresh install of Volumio-after a few days though, I would get the same dropouts.
I now believe the problem is the IP address “lease time” (the amount of time the router assigns to the powerline before changing to another random ip address).
I think I need to change this IP address to static so that it doesnt keep changing-however, I cant see that option when I log into my router settings.
There is another option under router DHCP that allows me to input and bind IP and MAC Addresses but im not sure if this is the correct option?

Many thanks,
Andy

This is a community forum, for support specifically with myVolumio, email techsupport at volumio dot org!

… There is another option under router DHCP that allows me to input and bind IP and MAC Addresses but im not sure if this is the correct option?

That’s option I would use. It leaves the IP assignment under the control of the router but ensures Volumio always gets the same address on your network.

Thank you, I’ll give it a whirl and listen to some tunes, hopefully my router won’t assign another random IP address :crossed_fingers: