Connecting a USB CD-Rom to Volumio (music data only)

Hi,
I’ve been trying to connect my USB-CDRom to Volumio, thinking i could use it as a plain USB Drive.
I’m not trying to read an audio CD (i’ve been folowing the CD player plugin thread in that regard), just access the files from a CD-R, DVD-R or BD-R, basically a bunch of Flac files.

I naively expected the operation to be plug and play, and that the drive would be treated and auto-mounted just like a plain USB or HDD drive attached to the RaspberryPi

While it is recognized with lsusb, nothing appears in Volumio.
I’ve tested the drive successfully under Raspbian Stretch, where it was immediately auto mounted, with its content accessible.
The Drive uses a split USB cable. I’ve been feeding it power using a power bank on the second USB. (i know the power drain would have been too much for my Raspberry 3B+ and its touchscreen display.)

Maybe i’ve been doing it wrong, or need a few additional packages into Volumio for this to work, edit mpd.conf, or this simply cannont be done.
The drive model is a Storeva slim Burner U3 (again perfectly recognized and useable with Raspbian)
https://www.macway.com/fr/product/28580/storeva-slim-burner-u3-graveur-externe-blu-ray-xl-usb-30.html

Any help apreciated.

Regards

Not something that I know much about but Volumio is presently “Jessie” based. Implementing “Stretch” is getting fairly imminent, and perhaps this will solve your problems (you say things work ok with Raspbian with Stretch).

Thanks for your reply !
I think this has to do with automounting the CD-Rom drive (which may be off by default) and linking it to MPC.
I’ll try accessing it’s content through command line. I suspect it is already mounted and accessible by the system.

Non-cd audio do not get mounted.
But you reported it just in time for this to be added to our new mounting mechanism

Great ! Looking forward to it Michelangelo.
I got interested in this once i realized that a 25GB BD-R could hold about 100 Flac compressed CD backups.

I the meantime, got it somehow working using :

mkdir /media/cdrom. 
mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom

Also edited smb.conf and added ‘cdrom’ as a network share

My content now appears in the WebUI under
Browse : Music Library > usb > cdrom

mkdir /media/cdrom mount -t ???
mkdir: invalid option – ‘t’
Try ‘mkdir --help’ for more information.
mkdir –

Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
-m, --mode=MODE set file mode (as in chmod), not a=rwx - umask
-p, --parents no error if existing, make parent directories as needed
-v, --verbose print a message for each created directory
-Z set SELinux security context of each created directory
to the default type
–context[=CTX] like -Z, or if CTX is specified then set the SELinux
or SMACK security context to CTX
–help display this help and exit
–version output version information and exit

Can I see your modified smb.conf please?

it still doesn’t work for me, thanks for the reply.

I corrected the garbled information (due to a forum migration in the past) in the post where you copied from.
But I do not have access to the authors smb.conf
Hopefully @Karine-Johanne can help you