Compiling HiFace / snd-usb-asyncaudio module

Hi All,

I’m using a new raspberry pi 2, volumio version 1.55, updated to the latest kernel (3.18.7-v7+) and updated all packages including an rpi-update.

I’ve got the 3.18.y source, prepared it for compiling modules, created the required symbolic links like /lib/modules/3.18.7-v7+/build, etc.

I’m now trying to make snd-usb-asyncaudio and get the following error:

root@volumio:/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio# make make -C /lib/modules/3.18.7-v7+/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio modules make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/rpi-linux' CC [M] /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/chip.o /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/chip.c: In function 'hiface_chip_create': /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/chip.c:79:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'snd_card_create' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] ret = snd_card_create(index[idx], id[idx], THIS_MODULE, sizeof(*chip), &card); ^ cc1: some warnings being treated as errors scripts/Makefile.build:257: recipe for target '/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/chip.o' failed make[2]: *** [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/chip.o] Error 1 Makefile:1381: recipe for target '_module_/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio' failed make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/rpi-linux' Makefile:9: recipe for target 'default' failed make: *** [default] Error 2

Has anyone encountered this behavior before and, if so, does anyone have any tips as to what I’m missing?
The error seems to originate with the snd_card_create() function.

Thanks,
Tom