• Brand: IGEL / Neoware
  • Model: 4210LX Winestra / Neoware CA22
  • Chipset: VIA C7 1GHz / VIA CN700 / VIA VT8237R
  • RAM: 512MB
  • Running from: bootable USB flash drive
  • LAN: Ethernet 10/100
  • Power consumption: 20W
  • Confirmed image version: 2.502

The internal speaker plays when no line-out plug is inserted. The perfect toilet radio :slight_smile: (sounds like plastic)

Obviously, VIA video drivers are missing. Screen output via DVI only during booting. The moment the web interface becomes active, the screen goes off.

• Brand: Fujitsu Siemens
  • Model: Futro S700 & S900
  • Chipset: G-T44R 1,2GHz / G-T40N 1GHz Dual-Core , AMD A55E, Radeon HD 62xx
  • RAM: 2GB
  • LAN: Ethernet 10/100/1000
  • Power consumption: 12W

Screen output via DVI works! The web interface is visible and noticeably faster than the screen output via DVI.

1 Like
  • Brand: Dell
  • Model: WYSE Cx0
  • Chipset: VIA Eden C7 1GHz / VIA VX855 Media System Processor, Chrome 9
  • LAN: Ethernet 10/100/1000
  • Power consumption: 7W

Fast Webinterface! I tested it with my Sennheiser HD450, it sounds really good. No noise and interfering noise can be heard.

Obviously, VIA video drivers are missing. Screen output via DVI only during booting. The moment the web interface becomes active, the screen goes off.

Brand : Intel
Model : NUC7PJYH
Chipset : Intel Pentium processor J5005
RAM : 2*4GB (G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 2400 MHz CL16)
Running from local hdd (installed from bootable usb device) : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
Confirmed image version : 2.513 (kernel 3.18.25)
Network : Gigabit LAN
Playback : Marantz NA-8005 as USB DAC

What I am successfully using :

• UI through HDMI
  • Web UI with Firefox
  • Playback through UI using shared folders on a QNAP NAS
  • Volumio as UPnP renderer, with Asset UPnP on a QNAP NAS as server, and Bubble UPnP on android as controller
  • FLAC up to 24/192 (consumes only 2% of CPU)
  • DSD 128 (DoP)

But the wifi (Intel Wireless-AC 9462) does not work, since it requires a kernel 4.14.

For the NUC, an linear power supply wood be a great addition to avoid the noise though the earth and probably an USB purifier.

What I havenā€™t tested :

• the optical SPDIF output
  • the on-board sound card
  • the buit-in mirophone (for MyVolumio)

Many thanks to the Volumio team for their great software.

Brand: Foxconn
Model: nT-535
Chipset: Intel Atom D525 Dual core 1.8GHz, Intel NM10 Chipset, 4GB Ram.
Running from local hdd or bootable usb device?: USB for testing and Local for install, all working a treat.
Confirmed image version: 2.522 x86

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=NanoPC&U=en-us0000006

The supplied WiFi Mini PCIe seemed to be a bit iffy and would randomly drop out, swapped for a faster Azurewave card and problem solved. Ethernet port works without issue if you want to hardwire, This box is rubbish for modern Windows use, itā€™s really underpowered but suits Volumio just fine :slight_smile:

The HDMI output on these is some really weird not quite HDMI thing using some wonky chip that needs a driver and barely works under Windows or Unix so skip that and use the VGA and all is fine.

Good evening,

• Brand: Intel
  • Model: NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE
  • Chipset: Intel AtomĀ® Processor E3815 (512K Cache, 1.46 GHz)
  • Running from internal SSD
  • Volumio version 2.555 (kernel 3.18.25)
  • Network: Gigabit Lan
  • Currently using it with Pioneer A50-DA Integrated Amplifier with built-in USB DAC ESS Sabre 32-bit ES9016S. DSD set on native. It plays back every file up to DSD64 in native mode. No sound output on DSD128/256. Same with Topping D10 so these must be implemented in the kernel. Iā€™m happy at the moment though!
  • HDMI and VGA output working
  • Power button powers up and shuts down the OS properly (sends power off command)
  • Havenā€™t tested Bluetooth and WLAN since I need to get a PCI mini card
  • Canā€™t find a way to install on internal emmc (4GB). Maybe an option with next Debian release (?).

This is a good machine for Volumio. Can be found on ebay etc for as little as ā‚¬50. Itā€™s dead quiet and doesnā€™t get hot. Itā€™s not lightning fast (single core apu) but it is more compatible and certainly more stable than the Odroid C1+ platform I also have. I havenā€™t tested CPU consumption yet but will do sometime.

Note for diyā€™ers: Getting Volumio to run from internal emmc makes SSD use obsolete (can be attached on external USB 2.0/3.0 inputs). So you can remove all parts on the left side of the box which leave enough space for a small usb dac which can be directly connected on the extra internal usb connector this motherboard has! Then you can open two (or more) holes at the back for RCAā€™s and optical! The front panel can also accommodate a small screen if you can mill this properly. And there youā€™ll have a stylish and complete Volumio player!

• Brand: Compulab
  • Model: Fitlet BIOS SBCFLTR_0.08.01
  • Chipset: AMD A10 Micro-6700T
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Running from bootable USB stick
  • Volumio version volumio-2.565-2019-03-12-x86.img
  • Network: Wifi via Ralink RT5370

Using onboard generic audio out. This was just a test. Indexes my Vortexbox player storage just fine. Only issue is moderate clicks on program changes. The UI is polished and for small screens like telephones, it is infinitely superior to LMS.

• Brand: Shuttle
  • Model: XS35
  • Chipset: Intel Atom D510, Intel NM10 Tiger Point, ID92HD81 2.1 HDA
  • Running from internal HDD or bootable USB stick
  • Volumio version volumio-2.565-2019-03-12-x86.img
  • Network: Wifi via Ralink RT5370, 100MB/s Ethernet

Using onboard generic audio out. This was just a test. Indexes my Vortexbox player storage just fine.

Great Post
Thank You :slight_smile:

Brand IBM

• Model Thinkcentre S51 (8171)
  • Chipset Intel 915
  • Running from local hdd or bootable usb device? From a Hitachi travelstar 1tb from 2009
  • Confirmed image version 2.362
    -Sound card Creative sound blaster Audigy 2 (sb0240)

I made the account just to post that im completely blown away. This transformed a old dated pc destined to the junkyard into a very powerful music player. The install was very easy to perform, and it is running very well, even in this old Ibm (yes, ibm, they sold their pcs division to lenovo in 2006. so this is pre 2006) computer with a Celeron D 2.66ghz and 1gb of ram.

The web interface is very fast!, the only issue i noticed is that the local interface glitches when transfering data to the internal hdd, but i donā€™t really mind, as i use the web interface.

Compatibility with the sound blaster was amazing. just select it from the audio settings and i was good to go, amazing job!

• Model: NUC 5i7

• Chipset: IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-5557U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3,40 GHz)

• Running from local hdd or bootable usb device? USB

• Confirmed image version: 2.609-2019.09.11-x86

• LAN: IntelĀ® Ethernet Connection I218-V

• WLAN: IntelĀ® Wireless-AC 7265 + Bluetooth 4,2

• Model: NUC 7i3

• Chipset: IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i3-7100U Processor (3M Cache, 2,40 GHz)

• Running from local hdd or bootable usb device? USB boot

• Confirmed image version: 2.609-2019.09.11-x86, 2.632-2019.10.03-x86

• Working with Volumio: NO (LAN and WLAN interfaces are not recognized)

• LAN: IntelĀ® Ethernet Connection I219-V

• WLAN: IntelĀ® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2

Just for the details, could you do a ā€˜lshwā€™ and a ā€œdmidecodeā€ and send me the output at volumio(at)bluewin.ch?
I realize it may fail on dmidecode, but " lshw" may be OK , try sudo dmidecode or sudo lshw in case it is needed.
When still stuck, I can help with a pre-version of an image with current hw support to test.

• Model: NUC 7i5BNB

• Chipset: IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-7260U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

• Running from local hdd or bootable usb device? USB 3.0 stick boot.

• Confirmed image version: 2.713 and 2.715

• Working with Volumio: NO, otherwise everything went fine but LAN and WLAN interfaces are not recognized.

• LAN: IntelĀ® Ethernet Connection I219-V

• WLAN: IntelĀ® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2

Try the beta version with newest kernel and firmware, that should work.
See Volumio Development/ Development Talks/ Volumio X86 Busterā€¦

Thank you !
Latest Beta version work, now both LAN and WLAN work, internal SSD recognized also and shairport sync work.
I can play local files and Tidal by Volumio app but seems Upnp not work, atleast i cant find Volumio as upnp player on mconnect or bubble upnp.
and on plugin page lack plugins.

Got hold of a refurbished fanless desktop PC which had been used in a hospital.

Model: E-medic Silence ST-M
CPU: Intel i7 3770T Quad-core

Works with current (June 20) Volumio release.
Sounds amazing with an Oehlbach XXL Masterclock USB regen and AudioQuest Carbon USB cables.

Nice to hear the old stuff still works :smile: Presume you are not using any of the developments versions yet, could be interesting, Volumio Development, look for the Debian Buster X86 thread, it got a new version just a few moments ago:
http://updates.volumio.org/x86/volumiobuster/2.781/volumiobuster-2.781-2020-06-16-x86.img.zip

• Brand: Sophos
  • Model: SG 115 Rev. 1
  • Chipset:
  • Running from local hdd or bootable usb device?: SATA SSD
  • Confirmed image version: 2.799 (volumio-2.799-2020-07-16-x86.img)
  • Wifi: old mPCIe addon card, Compex WLE250NX 7A. (Works, but better get a newer supported one)

USB boot wonā€™t work even with the emulation settings (BIOS) turned off. To install, put the HDD/SSD in another PC, boot it from a volumio USB drive and use the ā€œinstall to HDDā€ option. Put the HDD/SSD back in the SG and youā€™re good to go.

Network and USB playback to USB DAC are flawless. Tested up to 24/192 and DSD64.

1 Like