Community based change log for Volumio 3

Hi everybody,

Since I still miss a change log for v3 (the download page still refers to the second to last change log of v2) and also would like to know faster when there is a new version or a new beta version and what has been improved I start this thread.

This is only for interested people - and I want to point out that please only people with owning at least a second SD card or better at least one test system may play with the betas.

Please mark messages about non-official releases clearly.

To start I would like to point to version 3.195 - which is available in beta mode since today.

This is running stable on 2 of my systems and brings support for the PI4 version 1.5 ! - Great.

Please add new entries in about the following format.

New Version 3.195
Type: Alpha or Beta (no exact declaration available)
Download link:
https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/3.195/Volumio-3.195-2022-01-18-pi.zip
Date: January, 18th 2022
FIXES:
Fix for bluetooth interrupting playback
Manifest UI CD Ripping
Fix for stuttering audio on Primo with shairport
Fix for multiroom plugin crashing
Wifi rescan on no result
Direct DSD Fix
Hotfix for node exception causing boot loop

Tested on:

• RaspberryPI 3b, Allo Katana - stable for me
  • RaspberryPI 3b, Allo Kali, Allo Piano 2.1 (Allo Kali still requires resampling to 32 BIT) - stable for me
    Plugins on both systems:
  • Youtube 2
  • Spotify
  • Spotify connect

Please let me know if you have ideas on how to improve this thread.
i hope we can support ourselves as well as the devs with this and also ask for suggestions on how we could make this even better.

Thank you all.

Best Regards
Josef

6 Likes

New Version 3.196
Download link:
https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/3.196/Volumio-3.196-2022-01-20-pi.zip
Date: January, 20th 2022
FIXES: (same as 3.195)
Fix for bluetooth interrupting playback
Manifest UI CD Ripping
Fix for stuttering audio on Primo with shairport
Fix for multiroom plugin crashing
Wifi rescan on no result
Direct DSD Fix
Hotfix for node exception causing boot loop

Tested on:

• RaspberryPI 3b, Allo Kali, Allo Piano 2.1 (Allo Kali still requires resampling to 32 BIT) - stable for me
    Plugins on both systems:
  • Youtube 2
  • Spotify
  • Spotify connect

3.197 Beta is out 1-21-22. Same Change log as prior.

Thank you Mike,

https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/3.197/Volumio-3.197-2022-01-21-pi.zip

Please be aware it is a Beta or even Alpha version.
An extra thread to discuss on issues and “hidden” improvements eventually will follow soon…
I am currently setting up a friendly mail to @Michelangelo to ask if we’re going to go a good way to support from our side doing this way.

Please do not ask about issues in extra threads unless you are asked to do that by the core devs - the core devs are working on the core :green_heart: !

Questions to Beta version may spoil the forum - as far as I do see that for now .

Please do also note that i am a community member only - willing to help getting these topics a bit more clearer.

Best Regards
Josef

1 Like

@Josh2000

volumio heared you, the latest raspberry release 3.198 has a working changelog link also.

AxLED

1 Like

In fact, truth is much simpler:
after the release of Volumio 3 we were so busy fixing bugs, increasing server capacity, porting v2 plugins and supporting users that we forgot to update the changelog…

Now situation is much more relaxed.

BTW, the email I received from Josh was one of the best I’ve ever received. I am so proud of this community and the vibe we have in here :wink:

1 Like

@volumio

no time to relax (I am just kidding), there are some PR waiting for merging :slight_smile:

AxLED

Yeah, we are short of reviewers at the moment helping us to go trough all the plugins.

If there is someone interested in cooperating with Volumio Team to help us validating plugins (both volunteer basis and with budget basis) please contact me via PM

New Version 3.213
Download link:
https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/3.213/Volumio-3.213-2022-01-31-pi.zip
Date: January, 31th 2022

FIXES
Fix UPNP Implementation
Restore Wireless Drivers on PI
Manifest UI Fixes

Tested on:
Plugins on both systems:
• Youtube 2
• Spotify
• Spotify connect

Please keep in mind that this is an unofficial version and is not supported.

Would be great if someone who had issues with wireless adapters on v3.198 could check if everthing is back to normal :slight_smile:

@volumio

Is there a list of skills and head ups, a potentially willing developer should have to check up each point to decide if s/he would be able to help with porting v2 plugins to v3 ?

For example - (i am not a developer but think this could go into the right direction:

• Github
  • Python 2/3
  • C++
  • Javascript
  • REST API
  • NoJazz (NodeJS :slight_smile: )
  • bash
  • json
    — and i guess quite some more points…

What is the point why community devs are apperantly struggling with posting PR’s on Github but are not even mentioned in the v3 plugins thread ?

I offer to support on an unregular basis with plugin migration by helping with documention if available, thanks to ash to open the thread.