[Closed] Volumio 2 Beta versions for Odroid

Differents Odroid (mine is a C1+) but same result. I use DHCP, my box give me a fix IP, but I can’t connect from my browser or ssh and nmap doesn’t show the odroid. Boot sequence is OK as smallagent describes for its C2. Everything goes fine under volumio 1.5.1.(even if it’s a bit longer than under Runeaudio or Archphile)

It is nearly impossible to “guess” what goes wrong without a log from the UART interface. I just wonder if something went weong with downloading. Could you verify the checksum? I have uploaded the md5 file on the server.

Checksum already verified and good.
I will make more test (try to connect with just an ethernet cable on the odroid, no USB disk or DAC) this afternoon.

Could you try to remove the timeout line from /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf?
I just wonder if you were getting a timeout and therefore got a fixed static address 192.168.8.8 (which should be addressed in RC2)

Well… It seems more complicated than expected :wink:

Don’t know exactly how vol2 works but I don’t have an /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf file.
My SDCard is partitionned : /boot, /volumio and /volumio_data

On Vol1, I have : /boot and /rootfs and under /rootfs, I have an /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf.

By the way, I tried boot with only ethernet cable, no effect. I even tried without any cables and still no effect. I tried linear PSU, powerbank. Still nothing.

You’ve got me completely riddled with this problem.
Something is really really wrong here…
I’m going to use rc.local, which would dump dmesg output to the boot partition, and make a debug image.
I’ll inform here when it’s been uploaded…

Edit: Sorry about the dhclient.conf, it’s in the squash image and therefore not editable…
Edit 2: Won’t manage tonight, add it later this week

wohoo! Rc2!
Thanks! :smiley:

Yes, expect a release soon :slight_smile:
Please add/report any issue on github.com/volumio/volumio2.

Hi

Just trying Volumio RC2 on an Odroid C2.

Installs and works but with a few probs.

1. It is very slow (5-6 seconds) to start outputting sound after selecting a piece of music. or changing a parameter.

2. I am using a X20 xmos usb DAC. There still does not appear to be any volume function for usb dacs in RC2, I have to control the volume using the amp volume control.

3. On the playback web page the mixer control box is “greyed” out.

Is there a work around for this?

Where can I find a current list of problems and fixes for Odroid C2 RC2?

1. Radio Any chance of playing the BBC (UK) HLS streams?

many thanks

regards

Patrick

First look…

RC2, Odroid C2, 1Gbit ethernet, nfs nas, AudioGD NFB11 (VIA VT1731 USB interface):

• mp3, m4a playback distorted - song barely recognizable
  • 96/24 and 192/24 flacs “crackle”; 44,1/16 flacs OK
  • PLAYBACK OPTIONS -> Playback Options -> can not save state
  • PLAYBACK OPTIONS -> Volume Options -> “Mixer Control” empty field which can not be changed.

…otherwise quite nice look (hope there will be more options under SYSTEM)…

BTW, what is “official” and/or preferred android application for controlling Volumio?

Hi, there is no volumio control yet, this is still to be implemented.

As to the crackle issues: could someone with these issues try editing /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
and a. comment the last line to #options snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1 and re-test
b. re-enable the last line to options snd-usb-audio nrpacks=2 (or 3 or 4, not higher than 6) and re-test

and see if that makes any difference?

Hi,
I have similar problem with C2 and RC2. Router give me IP, ssh is working (putty, winscp), but I can´t connect from browser. RC1 works fine.

johnyn

Thanks for replay/feedback.

I have tested snd-usb-audio nrpacks option:

1. commented out
  2. nrpacks=1 (default one)
  3. nrpacks=2

In all those tests the results were the same:

• flac 44,1/16 OK
  • flac 44,1/24 distorted
  • flac 96/24 crackles
  • flac 192/24 crackles
  • mp3 44,1 files all played as 44,1/24 and distorted
  • m4a 44,1 files all played as 44,1/NaN (unknown bit depth) an distorted

Do not have idea how to tackle crackling problem, but I reckon distortion problem can be correlated to inadequate playback bit depth?

…in the process discovered:

• deleting a song from the queue while this very song is playing messes up the Playback and Browse screens
  • trying to play/add a .cue entry also messes things up

…and wishlist:* Queue reordering options

Many thanks for your efforts.

Does

ipconfig /flushdns

help (on the browser machine)?

Thanks, you spotted a bug.
PS: Queue ordering is already implemented…

Hello all,
it is becoming increasingly difficult for developers and maintainers to keep track of multiple issues reported in one single thread.
Could you please report issues in http://github.com/volumio/Volumio2?
You don’t need git skills for that, just select tab issues, press button new issue and start typing…

FauDrei: Ipconfig hasn´t helped. I changed Volumio IP, but problem still remains.

why not create an issue and be sure it is being looked into and tracked?

Any positive feedback from the Odroid XU4 using RC2?

Hi gkkpch,

Do you plan to build and upload Volumio2 RC2 update version(0.928) ?
I am currently using Odroid C1+ with Volumio2 RC1.