Classical music tagging by "work" and other tags : how to access?

Yes, it is my acrobatic solution, because the tagging specs, allowing “composer”, “conductor”, “band” and so many others, are not respected.
I’m afraid that we, classical music lovers, are not very numerous, supposedly (??) able to pay a dedicated software. But I’ve not found one that allows “personal” tags and search.
Except FB and MP3tag.
The developpers take in account the vast majority of the others, they should not.
How many lines of code are needed ?
Should we carry a “class action” ?
How many supporters here ?
:frowning:
Regards,

I bet that, if someone bothered to do the stats, classical music listeners are a large sub-section of the people still listening to libraries of music that they actually own. Most people just stream their music now, don’t they?

Good point :slight_smile:
We could add old jazz buffs …but they don’t need the %composer% tag.
They could like other tags, however, e.g. %date%

I started collecting music files before tagging had any standardization at all. 20 years later I have a lot of files. I’ve always used folders because I never wanted to put the work into creating uniform tags. It works great for me. Since MPD is tag oriented a large collection can create a lot of database overhead but if you have enough RAM it’s not a problem. I realize some people like the ability to play by genre, artist, etc. but since I first learned to operate a record player using my parents’ '78s my expectations are probably a bit different from some people’s. I’m glad not to have to stack 6 '78s on a changer in order to play an album.