Classical Music Streaming and Volumio

Does Volumio work with Idagio or Primephonic? If so which ones(s)?

man, I see you again on another thread !

I’ve never heard of Idagio before, which looks fine with good collection,
much better than Tidal or Deezer as far as classical music is concerned.

Thanks for the new info

ps. Impressive that they have all of Cambreling’s and Marcus Bosch’s Bruckner
performances, which I never found on other streaming services !!

Any further info about compatibility with idagio. This would be crucial to my decision. I think blueOS supports idagio.

Thanks,
Chris

I’m also keen to learn whether volumio can integrate native idagio. So far i had to use iPhone to navigate on the idagio website and transfer music via airplay to my Rpi/volumio player. Not sure whether switching to Bluesound Node 2i that can stream idagio directly will make any improvements in sound.

Hi there, since I am very happy with Idagio - because of the very good search functions and very nice collection - I really would like to use it natively over Volumio to get better sound.
Since it is not yet available, I got myself a Bluesound Powernode 2i on trial. I have to say however that I really dislike the apps and desktop applications for Bluesound. The way Idagio is implemented is far not as good as their own apps. Second I am disappointed about the amplifier.

So, full quality Idagio on Volumio is really on the wishlist

Seconded. Support for Classical music with appropriate tags in general and for Idagio in particular would be most welcome.
Peter

One year later… I am wondering if any progress has been made with making Idagio a streaming option? Would be nice to have!

Just checking in to see if @volumio is considering/working on a solution for Idagio? It would be fantastic to have a way to access this classical music service…other than airplay and Bluetooth.

Cheers -

1 Like