CD ripping, can't choose destination

Hi,

I have ripped at least 20 CDs without problem, but now when i try to RIP a CD i can no more choose the destination, it only shows me the “Musica_” option which is my HDD name with an underscore. If i choose this option it will not RIP the CD and it will instantly reject it.
GUI

ssh terminal on /mnt/USB/
terminal

Hi Paolo, sorry for the trouble!
It seems that a new partition has been created. I wonder why.
What is inside of this folder?

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
Inside “Musica_” there is nothing.

Paolo- Thanks for posting this. I am curious to learn what is causing it.

I have also had an experience similar to this. Are you using Nanosound CD to extract cd’s?
My SSD drive had a directory called VolumioLib where my music library was stored.
Recently I discovered that there was a new directory called VolumioLib_ which contains the music library and the original VolumioLib (no underscore) is still there but empty.

I’m able to specify VolumioLib_ (with underscore) in the extraction path and Nanosound CD will extract to it.
I’m curious how this was created. I haven’t done anything intentional with the structure of that drive.

Side Note: there is also an EFI directory that was created when I initially formatted the drive. It was magically cloned as EFI_ as well.

A little more detail

volumio@volumio-listening-room:/media$ ls
EFI EFI_ VolumioLib VolumioLib_
volumio@volumio-listening-room:/media$ ls -al
total 161
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Sep 20 14:12 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Sep 7 22:39 …
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 9 01:18 EFI
drwxrwxrwx 2 volumio volumio 512 Jan 1 1970 EFI_
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 9 01:18 VolumioLib
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131072 Jan 1 1970 VolumioLib_

Noticing that all of the directories ending with _ (underscore) are dated Jan 1 1970, for both my system and Paolo’s.