CD ripping, can't choose destination

Hi,

I have ripped at least 20 CDs without problem, but now when i try to RIP a CD i can no more choose the destination, it only shows me the “Musica_” option which is my HDD name with an underscore. If i choose this option it will not RIP the CD and it will instantly reject it.
GUI

ssh terminal on /mnt/USB/
terminal

Hi Paolo, sorry for the trouble!
It seems that a new partition has been created. I wonder why.
What is inside of this folder?

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
Inside “Musica_” there is nothing.

Paolo- Thanks for posting this. I am curious to learn what is causing it.

I have also had an experience similar to this. Are you using Nanosound CD to extract cd’s?
My SSD drive had a directory called VolumioLib where my music library was stored.
Recently I discovered that there was a new directory called VolumioLib_ which contains the music library and the original VolumioLib (no underscore) is still there but empty.

I’m able to specify VolumioLib_ (with underscore) in the extraction path and Nanosound CD will extract to it.
I’m curious how this was created. I haven’t done anything intentional with the structure of that drive.

Side Note: there is also an EFI directory that was created when I initially formatted the drive. It was magically cloned as EFI_ as well.

A little more detail

volumio@volumio-listening-room:/media$ ls
EFI EFI_ VolumioLib VolumioLib_
volumio@volumio-listening-room:/media$ ls -al
total 161
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Sep 20 14:12 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Sep 7 22:39 …
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 9 01:18 EFI
drwxrwxrwx 2 volumio volumio 512 Jan 1 1970 EFI_
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 9 01:18 VolumioLib
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131072 Jan 1 1970 VolumioLib_

Noticing that all of the directories ending with _ (underscore) are dated Jan 1 1970, for both my system and Paolo’s.

Hi,
Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Paolo, do you have installed (now or previously) the NanoSound CD Plugin?
What are you using? The MyVolumio plugin or the NanoSound CD Plugin?

I have Volumio Primo, I haven’t installed any plugin.

This is not a solution, but I always rip to the internal memory, and then just moved them to where I want them with a computer.