Can't see spotify playlists or albums in volumio

Hello!

Please help me solve this problem

I’m running Volumio 2 on x86 machine (Lenovo Desktop PC 64-BIT) and I installed Spotify plugin (Not Spotify Connect plugin! Notice it!) and when i navigate to my playlists I don’t see any of my spotify playlists. It’s empty. :cry:

There are some screenshots:

Plugin Menu in Volumio 2:
Screenshot1.fw.jpg

Playlists page in Browse menu Volumio 2:
Screenshot2.fw.jpg

Music Library page in Browse menu Volumio 2:

There is Log from /var/log/volumio.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10ifGQORHwvPeucVh23Qvt4sEyZnua0ZQ/view?usp=sharing

PLZ Help me to solve problem

So I had the problem I fixed simply by rebooting.

This is not ideal but at least it works.

-j

1 Like

I had this problem too…
Not resolved by restarting my NUC.
I installed spotifyconnect2 and since I use android Soptify app on my tablet, phone our computer!

Your log file shows that Volumio cannot connect to the local spop demon:

2017-12-31T12:30:34.588Z - info: Connecting to daemon
2017-12-31T12:30:34.614Z - info: SPOP command error:
2017-12-31T12:30:34.616Z - info: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:6602
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1018:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1041:20)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1086:14)
2017-12-31T12:30:34.618Z - info: SPOP status error:
2017-12-31T12:30:34.619Z - info: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:6602
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1018:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1041:20)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1086:14)

This seems to occasionally happen - not sure why. Rebooting might help. Also, check your Spotify credentials and make sure you don’t have any trailing spaces on your username and password, which will trigger this error.

i have the same problem. i can´t see the spotify playlist. what can i do to fix this problem

@wayne8 I removed your post because it promotes illegal stuff. Last warning…

Try this:

help-needed-test-spotify-plugin-with-oauth-t10071.html

I suddenly can’t see my playlists. Was all good up to a couple of days ago.

Same here. All fine until yesterday then my playlists suddenly vanished. Have rebooted several times to no avail.

Spotify shut down access to the personal playlist API in the library we have been using for the plugin.

We have a workaround using a new API, which requires you to authenticate with your Spotify account, and copy and paste a refresh token you get into the plugin’s index.js file.

This thread describes how to do it:

help-needed-test-spotify-plugin-with-oauth-t10071.html

The good news is after you do install the new version you will get expanded capabilities, including the ability to view your saved albums and tracks, top artists and tracks, and recently played tracks as well.

Thanks - that worked for me.

Hi there

Not sure what is going on but I am experiencing the same basic issues detailed in this thread, namely:

1. Install the Spotify plugin (2.0.3) under Volumio 3.233.
  2. After logging in and authenticating successfully I can see, access, play, etc., entries from my play lists. So all well & good.
  3. However, when I finish for the day and close everything down (in most cases leaving Spotify as the selected item in Volumio) when I next boot up/logon, whilst I can play the last Spotify-related item I was listening to before closing down, when I try to access my Spotify playlists I cannot see them.
  4. I can see the progress bar at the top of the screen moving left to right…but it never quite gets to the end.
  5. Rebooting does not help.
  6. The only way I can get my playlists back is to uninstall the plugin and then go through the who install, login & authenticate process again.

This cannot be right; there is either something wrong with the plugin or Volumio, or I am doing something wrong.

Either way I would appreciate some assistance re. this issue as it is spoiling what is otherwise a superb experience wiuth Volumio 3.

Many thanks in anticipation

The Charbits