Can't boot volumio 1.4 on Cubox-i

thank you, i love you. :slight_smile:

edit: well, it boots and runs fine, but still no USB-DAC or working optical spdif. How do you guys get music from this thing?
I don’t use airplay and i have no hdmi receiver. :frowning:

Hi,
Any news about Cubox-i2 support?

hi all, just got a cuBox i2 … thought it was compatible ? should have read this thread before buying. Anyways, looking forward to the update …

thank’s

Thought I’d give it a try while waiting for the official update… wow, it works !
thank’s man ! It even outputs to my DAC via USB (Yulong DA8)… cool stuff thank’s

BTW the /etc/init.d/shairport file is empty ??

this is the output of the aplay command

root@volumio:/etc/init.d# sudo aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: imxspdif [imx-spdif], device 0: S/PDIF PCM Playback dit-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: imxhdmisoc [imx-hdmi-soc], device 0: i.MX HDMI Audio Tx hdmi-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
card 2: DAC [YULONG Audio 384K DSD DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 0/1

bump …

any news on the update for cuBox i2 ?

thxs

Hi Michelangelo, any news about the new release for cubox-i2 and others?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
the same experiences for me. Can’t boot Volumio on Cubox-i 4Pro which I just bought. However, it works with GeexBox. I must say that I am disappointed as I bought the Cubox just based on the information on Volumio website. It would be more decent to state on the website that it does not work yet with Cubox but you hope that it will in the near future.
Michelangelo, when do you expect the Volumio to boot on Cubox?
Regards,
Sven
Sweden

Hi snystrom,

I am the happy owner of a cubox-I4 pro running Volumio for several month since 1.2. The problem reported in this thread is about Volumio non working with cubox versions other than i4 pro. So either your cubox is not a i4 pro or you may have done something wrong. I encourage you to persevere the result is worth the effort !

Same here. My cubox-i4 pro has always worked over Ethernet just using the 1.4 volumio download as published. I did the Wi-Fi kernel mod. And it did take some effort and SD card rewrites to get WiFi working though it.

If your Cubox-i is showing a red light at the front after you insert the SD card and plug in the power adapter it almost certainly means volumio is running. Finding it on your network through a browser is another matter. If you then connect an HDMI cable and connect to a monitor you should see a login prompt. This means that volumio is running.

Getting it hooked up to your network over Ethernet is the next step. But you need to examine your network infrastructure and router to see if it’s been allocated an IP address. And go from there.