Can't access player via normal home wifi

I installed volumio on my Raspberry Pi/Hifiberry Dac Pro+, and it seems to work well. However, getting control of it isn’t working like I think it should.

On initial setup (connected via ethernet cable to my router) I switched off the hotspot options. Connected to my in house wifi. Unplugged the ethernet cable, attach to stereo (and a ssd drive). Try to access the unit via normal wifi - no go. I see a new volumio hot spot, so I connect to it, and it works great. I think “that’s odd, with hotspot turned off, I have a hotspot. Maybe if i turn hotpot back on, I can access it via normal wifi”. So I do so, and can’t connect at all. So I repeat the set up I did originally, turn off hotspot, and it’s back to working, but only if I log out of my normal wifi and internet and into the volumio hotspot. (edit: there may be some mistake in this paragraph - my memory may be doing tricks. I’m pretty sure the hotspot on/off settings are actually working the way they should be)

So how can I set this up so I can access the player via my normal wifi? I.E. have volumio running in a tab, and be able to do other internet type stuff at the same time? Surely there’s a way to do this.

Edit: I should add that it’s a raspberry pi 3B, and I’ve installed whatever the newest version of volumio that was available as of 3 days ago. And I’m trying to access it with a macbook pro and/or my iphone and ipad, none of which can connect (except via the volumio hotspot), even though fing is showing it at 192.168.1.145. And it’s a AT&T Uverse router based wifi network.

Arggg, this is making me nuts. I’ve tried every combination of settings, still can’t access the player via wifi. Any ideas? Please? This is a deal breaker. Should i go back to runeaudio (which didn’t work in different ways)?

Are you using an open network (no security)?

@sduck
you may want to check this about known HW issue between Pi3 and Hifiberry Dac Pro+: there might be some specific wifi channels to check & avoid.
Or try wifi connectivity with DAC unplugged to check if you get reliable wifi and exclude this potential issue.

Thanks for the responses, and sorry for the late response. I eventually reinstalled runeaudio, which seems to work fine now, unlike my first experience with it, so I guess I’m good for the moment.