hope this forum can help me. I am a complete noob trying to make this work but unfortunately following the instructions does not yield any result.
I purchased a Raspberry Pi because I wanted to stream music to my hifi system (I am currently using a DAC to connect the amp to my laptop)
Laptop: Windows 7
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Volumio version 2.0
I follow the steps of the installation guide.
- I format the SD card I will be using
- I save the volmio image on the SD card using Win32DiskImager
- I connect my raspberry pi to a keyboard and my monitor, insert the SD card and then plug in the charger. At this stage I do NOT the RP to my DAC yet.
- The installation starts, an error message is displayed
"… brcmfmac: brcmf_add_if: ERROR: netdev:wlan0 already exists
this error is repeated with alternating "ignore IF event messages
- I press enter and get to the login. I login to volumio using volumio/volumio
- I am trying to connect to volumio by entering volumio.local on my laptop. It doesn’t work.
- based on what I read, I check ifconfig to look for the IP address.
It displays eth0, lo and wlan0. I try to type in the IP address displayed there in the wlan0 paragraph (first I tried the entry under inet address, then the entry under Bcast). Both of them did not work
I do see volumio in the list of networks on my laptop. I can actually connect to it using the password volumio2. I am not sure what the purpose of that is. But it shows that the volumio is actually “alive”
As a next step, I tried to connect the RP to an ethernet cable. Just to see. I have no ethernet cable next to my hifi system, so this is not an option, and part of the reason why I bought the more expensive RP model with inbuilt wifi.
I resetart the RP again and repeat the steps 4-6 again (but instead of the IP address under wifi, I go for the one under eth0). again, can’t connect.
Instead of my laptop, I try accessing volumio via my phone (nexus 5s with latest android version 7.1.1). Again, nothing works.
Can someone help? thanks.