Can No Longer See nfs music in Volumio

Hello and thank you to all those who made Volumio happen.
I have been enjoying Volumio in my Audio Room for many months now. And in Volumio I map my music files from my Debian server until…

I updated my servers firmware and Volumio no longer lists my music.

To be clear, I didn’t touch any settings in Volumio rather it happened after updating my Debian Server and I have googled and I have fiddled for some time with no fix.

In Volumio, if I go into Music Files > NAS I see my music directory which is nfs-cd_flac but when I click on it it is blank.

Under Settings > Sources I have this:
Alias: nfs-cd_flac
NAS IP Address: 192.168.0.6
Path: cd_flac
File Share Type: nfs
Username: MyNASusername
Password: MyNASpassword
Options: blank

And on my NAS Debian server in the exports file:
/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac 192.168.0.64(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

As I try different things on Volumio in the Network Drive settings and press save I presently get:
Error when adding network drive…mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting…"

I hope I have provide enough information. Please ask if something is missing.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am not sure why no one is able to help. Am I asking wrong?

And, I have just dump another few hours with no progress. I am convinced it is a compatibility problem between Volumio and Debian and my suspicion is that Volumio will not support the latest version of nfs.

I suspect I can resolve this with the correct settings in the Option entry but I cannot find anything about the options while googling.

Anyway, I need my music so I will have no choice but to abandon Volumio and go back to Rhythmbox if I can’t get this sorted out.

I realize that when I go to Settings > Sources and click on edit drive that things can change and it is not me.
For example, attached “save” picture shows my settings. Please observe the syntax of my Path.
“save2” shows the error I get. Then if I go back into edit drive (save3) you will notice it has added a forward slash to the beginning of my path name.
Also, there are some situations while I am trying to get this working where I go into edit drive and I notice it has change to cifs. I change it back to nfs only to discover it has done it again.
Is this a bug?

Maybe because it is weekend? Or perhaps because your first post was only 9 hours old?
Or someone with enough NFS skills has not read your message yet :wink:
Give it a little time…

1 Like

First post mentions IP 192.168.0.64 in the export settings.
Are you sure your volumio system has IP 192.168.0.64?

You don’t need user and password, please try without.
The forward slash in picture 3 is correct, but you need to include /mnt

If it still not works, modify your entry in /etc/exports to

/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac 192.168.0.64(rw,sync,all_squash,no_subtree_check,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)

then sudo exportfs -a and try again.

A log may help when it still does not work.
How to send a log

Thank you for your help and good question and yes it is .64 because I am also putting this into the browser and into ssh volumio@192.168.0.64 (ssh’ing in is another problem I have. :frowning: ).

LOG 1 Below is my log output. I first deleted the mapping then recreated it. And I did not put in a forward slash.

Then out of curiosity, I put in my root user name and password for my Debian NAS server and the log results are in LOG 2 below.

Now please note that before the server upgrade when it was working I recorded what I was using which is this:

Alias: CD_flac
NAS IP: 192.168.0.6
Path: /mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac
      /mnt/bigdiskc/JimTunes
Enter steve and password

So I am assuming this is still correct after I upgraded my server and caused this problem?

QUESTION:
When I “Add New Drive” I am not supposed to put in the leading forward slash for the Path:

mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac

When I go to edit this drive the forward slash shows up:

/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac

So do I need to remove the first forward slash before I save any changes?

LOG 1

Starting Live Log...
  This response was from IP 192.168.0.7, reporting an IP address of 192.168.0.7.
[2022/01/23 15:40:25.626384,  0] ../source3/nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:109(query_name_response)
  query_name_response: Multiple (2) responses received for a query on subnet 192.168.0.64 for name WORKGROUP<1d>.
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats
info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system enableLiveLog true
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , enableLiveLog
info: Launching a new LiveLog session
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: networkfs , addShare
info: Adding a new share
info: No correspondence found in configuration for share nfs-CD_flac on IP 192.168.0.6
 volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto 192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac /mnt/NAS/nfs-CD_flac
pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
info: Error mounting  nfs-CD_flac on IP 192.168.0.6 : exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto '192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac' '/mnt/NAS/nfs-CD_flac'
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: networkfs , listShares
process exited with code null

LOG2

Starting Live Log...
[2022/01/23 15:40:25.626384,  0] ../source3/nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:109(query_name_response)
  query_name_response: Multiple (2) responses received for a query on subnet 192.168.0.64 for name WORKGROUP<1d>.
info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system enableLiveLog true
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , enableLiveLog
info: Launching a new LiveLog session
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: networkfs , addShare
info: Adding a new share
info: No correspondence found in configuration for share nfs-CD_flac on IP 192.168.0.6
 volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto 192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac /mnt/NAS/nfs-CD_flac
pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
info: Error mounting  nfs-CD_flac on IP 192.168.0.6 : exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto '192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac' '/mnt/NAS/nfs-CD_flac'
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: networkfs , listShares
process exited with code null

Ok, yes that makes sense. Thank you.

This is shown in both logs … your server is blocking Volumio from mounting the share.

Can you please try ‘sudo showmount -e 192.168.0.6’ from your device (I’m assuming it is a RPi, because you haven’t let us know yet :confused: … can you also provide the link to the whole log rather than just editing it for your excerpt, which may well be missing important information).

Guessed it was x86, referring to the Rhythmbox remark. The mount string in the log resembles what I get when mounting an nfs share.
So from the volumio side, it now seems correct.
Agree with @chsims1, a complete log would help, and a list of your /etc/exports on your server should be part of your data.

SOLVED
Well it was a firewall issue on my Debian Server. I don’t know what I had before the update other than it worked.

I guess the latest update closed off all my ports. So I installed ufw on it and was able to map my subnet and it is working.

Now what I still don’t understand is why trying to connect using a samba share would not work on Volumio but yet my windows pc would connect?

Thank you for every ones help.
SOLVED