Calibration of touch screen not working? cant load `sudo DISPLAY=:0.0 xinput_calibrator`

Not too much of information available over there… :wink:

So that is your main problem and the cause why you want to calibrate, I guess?

Maybe put on hold using xinput_calibrator and using “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf” for the moment and lets have a closer look if and how the touch is inverted or swapped.

For now I suggest to “deactivate” “99-calibration.conf” by renamig it

sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf.bak

After rebooting systematically test where the cursor appears when you touch the screen in the corner areas and how it moves when you swipe from left to right and from up to down. Describe the results in detail so I can follow it. :wink:

Also please show the contents of “/boot/config,txt” and “/boot/userconfig,txt”:

cat /boot/config.txt

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

1 Like

ill get this done over the weekend and report back gvolt, thanks for your patience and help!

Hi gvolt

so i renamed the file to deactivate it, after doing this i rebooted.

When i touch the left hand corner of the screen the pointer appears on the right hand corner about an inch away.

when i touch the bottom right hand corner the pointer appears on the top left hard corner.

when i touch the bottom right hand corner the pointer appears on the bottom left hand corner]

when i touch the top right hand corner the pointer appears on the bottom right hand corner.

sliding my finger left moves the pointer up, sliding it right moves it down.

Sliding my finger up move its right, sliding my finger down moves it left.

contents of cat /boot/config,txt

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

include userconfig.txt

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

dtoverlay=applepi-dac

contents of userconfig.txt

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

hdmi_timings=480 0 30 30 30 1920 0 6 6 6 0 0 0 60 0 55296000 8
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_drive=2
display_rotate=1
hdmi_force_mode=1

framebuffer_width=1920
framebuffer_height=480
max_framebuffer_width=1920
max_framebuffer_height=1920

Thanks

This appears contradictory. Could you check again and / or clarify please?

From your description of the sliding / moving directions the X and Y axes seem to be swapped.

Now please rename “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf.bak`” back to “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf” and describe again where the cursor appears on touching at the four corners also swiping in the four directions.

my apologies

touching the top left hand corner brings the pointer to the top right hand corner

touching the bottom left hand corner brings the pointer to the top left hand corner

touching the top right hand corner brings the pointer to the bottom right hand corner

touching the bottom right hand corner brings the pointer to the bottom left hand corner.

i renamed the file and its the same thing as above,

If i swipe up the pointer goes right, swipe down the pointer goes left

swipe left pointer goes up,swiping right pointer goes down

for some reason i don’t see the filename 99-calibraion.conf?

I see 99-fbturbo.conf?

it feels like the file 99-calibration isnt getting edited or saved?

Your screenshot is showing “/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d” while I asked for “99-calibration.conf” in “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d”. :wink: Please check, if the file is present in there.

Ok, that clears things up (I hope). Now I don’t think the axes are swapped. In fact the touch function seems to be not aligned to the display but rotated by 90 degrees (related to the display).

The current content of “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf” would be of interest.

aaahhhh yes thanks for clarifying that!

Section “InputClass”
Identifier “calibration”
MatchProduct “wch.cn USB2IIC_CTP_CONTROL”
Option “MinX” “8109”
Option “MaxX” “8223”
Option “MinY” “127748”
Option “MaxY” “127020”
Option “SwapXY” “1” # unless it was already set to 1
Option “InvertX” “0” # unless it was already set
Option “InvertY” “0” # unless it was already set
EndSection

I assume the file has been named “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf.bak” while you did the test with the results you desribed in post #45. (?)

If that is correct, now redo the test with the “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf.bak” renamed back to “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf” and describe again where the cursor appears on touching at the four corners and also how swiping in the four directions works.

i renamed the file back and its still the same thing.

So, the cursor appears at the same positions you described in post #45 no matter if the file is named “99-calibration.conf.bak” or “99-calibration.conf”? Did you reboot or restart the Touch Display plugin after renaming the .conf file?

same thing gvolt, i did all that you asked and the cursor is the same man

With the .conf file named “99-calibration.conf” could you post again the Xorg log please:

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Also try if "99-calibration.conf” has an effect after executing

sudo cp /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/45-evdev.conf

and restarting the Touch Display plugin.

sorry gvolt where do i find this?

this?

You don’t have to find it. Just run the command cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log like you have done before. :wink: