I want to build a kids-enabled music player, where kids can just tab a RFID card on the player and the according depicted music is played - like the toonies product.
So far I have implemented a working script for mocp on Raspberry Zero inspired by Musikrakete using RFID instead of QR codes.
Now I would like to convert this to a plugin for Volumio as it provides a great core, UI and Spotify is already integrated.
My use cases:
- Touch player with RFID card to initiate playback
- Play a single track (file, stream, spotify)
- Play an album (files in folder, playlist, spotify)
- Play/pause, skip within album via external buttons
- Bonus: assign track or album to RFID card - within the plugin
- Bonus: track position in Spotify to be able to resume in audiobooks later
My technical questions:
- Can this be done in a plugin, especially RFID polling in a continuous loop?
- Should this be a user-interface plugin?
- What’s the best way to interact with Volumio, internal calls or external API?
- Can I create a simple UI to map RFID with target within Volumio? Or should I better have a separate web UI? Can I place that within the existing web server or start my own server from within the plugin?
- Is it possible to track position in spotify like every 5 secs and later load the album again and continue the last played track (at the last position).