BUILD 2.118 REPEAT QUE/SONG/PLAYLIST ISSUE

I’m sorry to say but I am still having an issue with build 2.118 (carried over from 2.114), where I load the queue with a playlist or a set of random songs, select the repeat function…and then while the progress arrow on the queue list moves down to the next song, the first song in the queue repeats over and over (e.g. The list and now playing page would show I was on song #10 while the first song played ten times).

I performed an online update from the previous build (2.041) to build 2.114 and then online updated to build 2.118 if this helps. I’d appreciate any help or suggestion you can offer.

Cheers and Thanks!
-HK sends

P.S. - Using Raspberry Pi 3 B

Hi,
I can confirm the same problem. At the moment Repeat is not working as intended.

Repeat works like when the last track is played the next track will be set to the first track, obvious and straightforward. The problem now is that Repeat picks the first track again and again without checking if it is the last track or not. That is a bug. There is a conditional statement missing in the code, actually on line 329 in the file statemachine.js which can be found in the app directory. There are fixes under way that takes care of that bug. So one way or the other this bug will be gone soon.

I figure it will get cured soon. Volumio is rapidly becoming my favorite digital player for my Pi 3 and my library of CD-ripped flac files. Sometime down the road I plan to get a Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC (I have a barely adequate substitute). Then I can push the music through my Schiit Mjolnir 2 with some of the pretty sweet tubes I’ve collected. Finally, I’ll top my listening pleasure with my Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow Headphones (with future plans for an Audeze 4 as well). Just need to get that DAC soon! :wink:

Looking forward to audio bliss. :smiley:

Cheers and All the Best!
-HK sends

Just to double-check, I loaded a fresh image of Build 2.118 onto a blank microSD card and set everything up from square one. I then built a fresh playlist and selected repeat queue setting. The first song played and was shown playing on the queue. Then the queue jumped to the third track, but the first song just repeated playing. I hope it can be addressed as this is pretty much my favorite player and unfortunately, I have no software debugging skills.

Cheers and Thanks!
-HK sends

That is exactly the problem with Repeat in 2.118. It is not working. Avoid Repeat for now, Volumio loses track of the playlist when it is used. Empty the playlist or even restart Volumio in order to get it stable.

The Volumio people told me that they are going to rewrite the code now for this part. It will soon happen.

Okay, I won’t use it for now… But I also wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I was doing wrong.

Cheers and Thanks!
-HK sends