Bug with update 1.4.0 ir remote!

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.873
Hardware: raspberry pi 4 + remote xiaomi for tv box
DAC: smsl sanskrit 10th mkii
Please!!! I have a problem … since installing ir remote plugin update 1.4.0, the remote does not work on reboot until I disable it and then manually re-enable it from the plugins menu. can anyone help me with this bug?

Do you see any error messages (red toasts in the right upper corner)?

If so please report their content. If you don’t see error messages please connect to Volumio via SSH and post or PM me with the result of

sudo journalctl -f --no-tail | grep ir_controller

Volumio Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
volumio@volumio:~$ sudo journalctl -f --no-tail | grep ir_controller
Mar 09 20:18:34 volumio volumio[885]: info: Loading plugin “ir_controller”…
Mar 09 20:18:34 volumio volumio[885]: info: Applying required configuration parameters for plugin ir_controller
Mar 09 20:20:00 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: File permissions successfully set on /etc/lirc/.
Mar 09 20:20:00 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: LIRC correctly updated.
Mar 09 20:20:00 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: HAT did not load /proc/device-tree/ir_receiver!
Mar 09 20:20:01 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: Raspberry Pi revision code: c03112
Mar 09 20:20:01 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: Overlay gpio-ir gpio_pin=18 gpio_pull=up loaded.
Mar 09 20:20:01 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: systemctl restart lirc.service succeeded.
Mar 09 20:20:02 volumio volumio[885]: info: ir_controller: systemctl restart lirc.service succeeded.

I have just finished doing a clean reinstallation of volumio and the plugin but also this time the plugin works after the first installation, but not after the system reboot; thanks if you can help me !!!

Thanks for reporting. Found the problem and will open a bug fixing PR soon.

great thanks ! I installed Volumio just to be able to use the remote control due to a particular situation. p.s. excuse the ignorance but what is a PR? do you think it will take a long time to solve? Thanks again !!!

PR = pull request on GitHub from which the new plugin version can be built and made publicly available (through plugins management).

No, I will do the PR tonight or maybe tomorrow. balbuze regularly checks new PRs and - if they look OK - merges them. This happens mostly in a few days.

Ok I’ll have a look tonight :wink:

1 Like

The new plugin version 1.4.1 should fix the problem. Please report back if your issue is solved.

Thanks to @balbuze for merging so quickly.