I´ve bought Eltax Monitor iii, which are looking great…
Now there is only one question left:
As I want to connect those speakers to my raspberry pi 3 running volume 2, I´ve bought a PiFi DAC+ from AliExpress. At the moment it is shipping for approx. 2-3 weeks.
Meanwhile I´d like to think about how to connect the speakers… I want to build one headless RPi-Volumio for my Marantz SR-5010 A/V-receiver, one with touch screen for my working place as an internet radio und one for my hobby room…
So, at the moment I am thinking about this hardware configuration:
- Marantz room: RPI Zero with Hifiberry mini DAC
- hobby room: RPI Zero with Pimoroni piHat Beat with buttons (what do you think?) aka Pirate Radio
- working place: RPi3 with 7" touch screen PiFi DAC+ and Eltax Monitor iii
- Does the Hifiberry mini DAC with PiZero offer good quality a speed ?
- What kind of amplifier do I need to put between the Eltax and the RPI3 with PiFi DAC ? I am looking for a possibility to connect them. And, what would you recommend as an amp ? Or does an Hifiberry amp DAC offer sufficient power for connecting the eltax to the RPi3/Volumio ?