brcmf_cfg80211_get_tx_power: error (-52)

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3 running Volumio 2.041 with a DigiBerry hat. Files are served via Synology NAS over WiFi.

Volumio hasn’t been working well for me for a month or two (slow GUI, tracks stopping randomly, erratic search function, often won’t load at all without a restart or four). I thought a reinstall had fixed it a few weeks back, but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

Today I just couldn’t get on to the GUI, and Volumio would disappear from my router’s list of connected devices a few minutes after each restart, though it didn’t appear to be crashing or powering down. I plugged the HDMI into my TV in the hope of getting some clues, the attached photo shows the output.

As an aside, doesn’t the HDMI output usually show something similar to the regular GUI eventually? Mine just stays on the text. Maybe I’m confused about that.

The key thing seems to be “brcmf_cfg80211_get_tx_power: error (-52)” which is the only error and appears twice. Could this be the root of my problems? I guess it’s referring to the Pi’s built in wlan chip?

Any help would really be appreciated as always.
vol.jpg

Error messages from the wifi are common and frequently advisory rather than essential. You might like to update to v2.129, since there have been a lot of changes since 2.041. If you are still having problems, then we can think again :slight_smile: