Botic ALSA driver integration on volumio

Hi,
This is my first post and I have no knowledge about what I am talking.
Botic is a distro made for hardware interface from Twisted pear audio exclusively for Beagle Bone Black.
bbb.ieero.com/
The issue with Botic is ,interface is very basic and you need to know command line and experience in Linux.
So I heard from Russ about forking the ALSA driver into volumio to make it run as interface. Can someone help me to figure out how to do it?

I would also like this feature in Volumio, should I add this to “Suggest a feature” section?

The work being done with new BBB capes and kernels (that unify player and DAC clocking) will have serious impact on the state of the art in DIY audiophilia! Development of the Botic kernel is very active, aimed at complete optimization of the DAC performance including control via I2C. My understanding is that Botic 4, not yet released (but soon), will be a new benchmark. A version of Volumio incorporating Botic 4 would be totally awesome! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bbb.ieero.com

diyaudio.com/forums/twisted- … ost4294889

Franco invite more people to push for that incorporation. Hopefully we can make enough voice to get noticed.

Here is some information regarding using the Botic kernel with Volumio 1.5

docs.google.com/document/d/1XQ8 … 0sutxuyej0