Bluetooth, possible or impossible?

there is even one with a dac inside the big bro of this one around 60 euro …

1 Like

Funny coincidence, just watching a review of this on YouTube :slight_smile:

1 Like

i already done some home work on those was looking for a bt why a abo,
if you have external options that you could use in many ways…
and it has a pass thru option so you could even connect it with 3.5 mini jack

Yes, I had no idea about these gadgets, will definitely easily solve some problems.

i think volumio has more to give but if you like it it’s oke…
i see even one that could connect 3 bt devices…

If you’re only going to use it for Radio and Podcasts… Why not simply using your phone?
Doing the same for the garden “house” (sounds more exclusive than it is but…)

past experience has shown me that this not good for the longevity of the phone battery to use it regularly for this (I listen much of the day). When it was easy to pop-off the back of the phone and replace the battery I didn’t mind so much, but now I can’t do this on my phones.

Plus I have a few RBPs that I’d like to put to use and a streaming device with future potential for more options (perhaps I will add more to the playlist down the line) seemed like a good idea (still is I think :slight_smile: )

I just recently set up one of my old RBPs with Pihole and that’s been working nicely.

what did you say you play music for your garden hose? :joy:

“garden house” – I like it!

FWIW, I got the BT headphone/speaker connected, and can play sounds from the Pi running volumio, but the sound of volumio’s output doesn’t come over BT unfortunately, still comes out on the speaker via the 3.5 mm jack (I disconnected it etc no difference)

In the meantime I’m going to learn more about BT transmitters/receivers just as another option.

I just keep an old phone on the charger, and use it for Radio and Qobuz. If you go with a BT solution sure to look at the link that DVO shared. The default audio from a rPi is terrible. with the built in DAC it will improve the sound.

@levon i ordered

want to see if it sounds better then my normal one…

I got blocked :-/ – hence the delay

“You’ve reached the maximum number of replies a new user can create on their first day. Please wait 19 hours before trying again.”

I was doing that … it eventually died, so I though, no problem, next time I upgrade I’ll keep my S9, unfortunately, I had to trade it in for the S20 FE which means I have no old phone left. Yes, the links DVO shared where helpful for sure.

In the meantime I also pulled in my iTunes library, so now I also have access to my music and other podcasts … very cool :slight_smile:

Amazon on the US also has both models, the 103 and 105 for pretty good prices (cheaper than the Ali Express I saw), plus rapid shipping/returns via Amazon.

I see you are listing the German site for Amazon. I’ll be curious to see how it goes. If I get one, I’ll probably go for the cheaper of the two (the 103).

btw s8 and s9 you can upgrade to android s soon :slight_smile: it’s out for developers
i already seen it working on a s9 so that will be a nice upgrade too …
yes i’m on the .de for years the .nl just started so not all is there yet …
i needed 2 of the bt devices one living and one for the bed room
how mutch is it in the us the 1mii b03 the .de offers it for ( 50,99€ )

Creative BT-W3

that is less for more money …