Best bang for $? Innomaker Hifi DAC Hat PCM5122

Just installed one of these on an RPi3 for my garage setup (old Yamaha amp, old Ruark Prologues). For the money, flipping awesome.

where did you get that idea of having that limit? I2S has the highest resolution compared to usb or optical interface. i play dsd raw files of this dac higher than 192KHZ with no problem. it supports up to 384KhZ in I2S.

the support for sample rates higher than 192kHz on the Broadcom processor of the RPi has been introduced with this commit.

I didnā€™t know that, I have to check if this commit is being included in the kernel we use on Volumio for Raspberry Pi.

If thatā€™s the case, youā€™re right! the I2S interface should go up to 384kHz, but then the DAC kernel driver must be aligned to this new value too.

I continue to love this little HAT now with a Fosi Audio V3. But, Iā€™ve now seen the ā€˜Inno maker DAC Pro Hat ES9038Q2Mā€™ and am starting to contract upgraditis. Has anyone heard these side by side?

Hi, I have recently built a new streamer based on the Innomaker hi-fi DAC hat PCM5122 and Iā€™m happy with it, but I cannot avoid comparing it with the other streamer, based on the Hifiberry DAC2 Pro, that I prefer.

Iā€™m not an audiophile, but the Hifiberry seems to produce a richer sound, less harsh than the one from Innomaker. Even my wife, that has an almost perfect hearing (but could not care less about DACs), immediately defined the Hifiberry ā€œbetter, and richerā€.

I understand the Innomaker has better specs (link to both datasheet below), hence, itā€™s only a subjective opinion?

Love to hear your comments.

https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/data-sheets/datasheet-dac2-pro/