Bauer crossfeed for headphones listening

The equalizer does not set an alternative DAC… It just change the information displayed : “usb dac” becomes " usb dac through equalizer".

I uploaded a new version of the binaural plugin, with 3 preset : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/volumiobauerfilter :smiley:

Ah, i see.
I will do tests, as well with the eq-apps, during the weekend.
Will report back.
Thank you!

Sorry, i have been busy.
I did not test the eq apps but did test with the xfeed plugin together with spotify connect app latest dev version.

Works very fine. No flaws detected when switching between the 3 options given.
This enables easy comparison between the filter settings. And yes, they are clearly audible also for non golden-ears.
Very good: Nearly no volume difference between filter on and off which is most disturbing with the analog passive
solutions i built.

Nice idea to name the presets after their “inventors”.
Mr Bauer i do not exactly know. Jan Meier is an audiophile and runs a business with very nice little gadgets.
Have been talked to him by and then.
And Chu Moy, yeah sad story, he has passed away some time ago. He ran the headwize forums for so long.
We had very nice audio discussions over there, all things analog at that time :slight_smile:
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/memorial-grandfather-headphone-enthusiasm
Ah well, i should stop.

I am truly happy with that plugin as i listen to headphones quite regularly.
Thank you again and a lot!

P.S.
Did you think about a “room emulation” plugin? Something like a surround or dolby headphone emulation or the like?
I would say there would be quite a bit of use for this.
:wink:

Thanks a lot for your good comments :wink: , I learned something!
Yes I already have plenty of ideas.
Using ladspa plugin, some possibilities : quitte.de/dsp/caps.html
More general : ladspa.org/
And a swiss knife, maybe more difficult… : calf-studio-gear.org/

Benjamin Bauer was quite well known in US acoustics. Not an atomic scientist, an insightful developer of good microphones and techniques.

And Chu Moy, yes.

Could we update this plugin for Volumio3 or implement it in camillaDSP plugin?
Bauer or another like Linkwitz?

I’m working to add this on Parameq4volumio as it allows to directly load EQ from Autoeq for headphone (for Volumio 3 only) But not ready yet…

Great! can’t wait

Done : volumio-plugins/plugins/audio_interface/Parameq4Volumio at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub
4 Crossfeed for your headphone :wink:

Awesome! Seems to work :slight_smile:
thanks

Do you use EQ from Autoeq in the plugin?

yes

I had to change the “Mixer Control Name” to Digital instead of Analogue to get volume control in Volumio.
Don’t know if it’s a problem.

No problem with that. This depend on your DAC.
Volumio3 shouldn’t have probllem met in v2…
BTW what is your HW?
Can you give more details?
TY

yes, sorry.
RPi3B+
HifiBerry DAC+Pro
Separate power for RPi & DAC.

I cannot see it in plugin section in Volumio 3. Any plans to get it there?

See FusionDsp thread :blush:

1 Like