Bandcamp plugin

YABCR (yet another bandcamp request).

2 Likes

bandcamp for me too please!

4 Likes

I listen to bandcamp A LOT in the car. I know I can stream to volumio over bluetooth or wifi but I always prefer using apps.

2 Likes

Definitely need a bandcamp plug-in.

3 Likes

+1 for bandcamp

2 Likes

After me everyone:

‘Bandcamp, bandcamp, bandcamp!’ :grinning:

3 Likes

I’d love this plugin!

3 Likes

A big big +1 here.

2 Likes

It would definitely be an excellent thing to have Bandcamp accessible through Volumio! I would think it could be done as a browser that let us login to Bandcamp?

2 Likes

what i need is definitely a bendcamp plugin :grinning:
just registered therefore

1 Like

Yes, Bandcamp as it supports artists in a fairer way.

1 Like

I don’t use Bandcamp but have explored the possibility of making a Bandcamp plugin…

First off, their API is geared towards artists, labels and merch vendors instead of the consumer. This means it’s not possible to access Bandcamp resources through officially supported methods. Nor would it be possible to perform authentication and access stuff that is specific to your account, like purchases and followed artists.

It may be possible to write a plugin that scrapes publicly-available data from the Bandcamp website and play the low-quality MP3 tracks you can find there. But I would like to know if it is worth the effort of doing this?

Furthermore, if you don’t have a Bandcamp account, are there restrictions on what songs you can play or the number of times you can play anything?

1 Like

@patrickkfkan
thank you for exploring the possibilitys. for me i can say that i am using bandcamp to look for new bands and albums. the killer-feature is imo, that you can hear the whole album 3 times or more without paying for subscription. so you can get a good impression of what you get if you buy it, so i do then. the quality is good enough therefore and you have music you probably never heard from before. to find the right for your taste it where at least necessary to search in genres and sort by date.

1 Like

Not what you’re asking for but as a fan of both Bandcamp and Volumio, here’s what I’m doing.

When I want to explore Bandcamp instead of listening to webradio or my library, I use the bandcamp ap on my phone and cast it to my volumio player. It works fine with my phone or laptop and either of my Pi3 or Pi4 volumio setups.

Kind of a work around, but it works.

1 Like

Many thanks for that suggestion. Forgive my ignorance but now do you ‘cast’ the Bandcamp on an android phone to a volumio player? I have volumio on my iPad which controls my Rasperry pi/BOSS DAC hat streamer. I would much appreciate some advice. Cheers, Justin

I’m on iPhone so no direct experience with android.
You could put Bandcamp on your ipad. Aircast should be built in.
Or you a quick search of “aircast for android” will show you some options of android apps.
I can’t recommend any in particular as I have no experience with them.
Maybe someone here will chime in.

Happy listening

Thank you, now I understand. Too bad, this excludes any possibility of implementing the plugin for listening to music on Bandcamp with personal account (and the best audio quality) :pensive:

Hi @superkoch, I wonder if you would be interested in testing the plugin at the following link:

[PLUGIN] Bandcamp Discover

-Patrick

1 Like

I am downloading your plug in @patrickkfkan

@sharberger tryed your suggestion and found it kind of tricky (and a bit of quiet), but it worked. but now there is a well working plugin. if i need to use my account i have to go back to your solution. thanks for that :grinning: :+1: