Audiophonics Digipi Raspberry PI I2S Digital interface

It sounds to me that the drivers are not available in Volumio.
This doesn’t mean that there arn’t any drivers available, this just means that you will have to install them manually, if you can find them.

Yes, I think this needs some support from the volumio development department :smiley:. Michelangelo do we have a change to get it supported by volumio in future releases?

BR

Michael

Malossi, I’ve a christmas present. The DigiPi is working!

Are you sitting comfortable? You’ve to solder P1…

The WM8804 is in SW configuration mode. So it needs the Pi’s I²C lines from P1 (SCK and SDA) for configuration of it’s internal registers. Finally you have to choose Hifiberry Digi in Volumio settings and maybe do the additional steps for Hifiberry digi you posted earlier.
I tried FLAC files of 16 and 24bit as well as all sampling rates (44.1; 48; 88.2; 96; 192) and feeding the S/PDIF from the RCA to my PS Audio PWDII. Now I’ve gapless which I haven’t with the Brigde included in the PS Audio. Didn’t try the optical, but at least, LED is lit and as it is fed by the same signal as the transformer for the RCA, I’m sure it’ll also work.
Why couldn’t these … at Audiophonics simply mention this? Do they now what they’re selling. This is why a product documentation makes sense.

Unfortunatly I paid for this with pretty nice old style 50MHz, 2-channel analog oscilloscope from Philips :frowning:
Something in the high voltage section of the tube died with a popping noise and lots of smoke. An indeed, it didn’t smelled funny.

Let me know if you’re also successful.

BR

Michael

F**k, I am so angry!

today at about 13:00 I has returned digipi to audiophonics via post! So i cannot confirm your solution… Yesterday I was thinking to try the same thing as you, but I didn`t, because then I would not able to return the card. F**k it…

I am really sorry for your oscilloscope man, really :frowning:

Got a DigiPi today and could not get it to work, should have checked the forum before.
Soldered P1 and bingo! :smiley:

Many thanks - Gé

What do I need to solder? I have a B+ and also a Pi2 and neither have a P1 AFAIK? Any help is MUCH appreciated since I can’t get the DAC to play anything :frowning:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just chose HifiBerry in the settings and it works :smiley: