AUDIOPHONICS DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M

Hello, I was thinking of updating my equipment, there is currently a suptronics x5000 mounted, I am interested in this dac, AUDIOPHONICS DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M, I think it does not have an amplifier, can someone who has it recommend one? Thank you …

Hi, this indeed is a well-build DAC with good test results (see ASR-website). It can also be purchased as the Audiophonics RaspDAC Mini LCD streamer, integrated with a Raspberry Pi 4 unit and a small LCD display. Without Pi and power unit it goes for ±€200. In my opinion a good choice for a streamer, but you indeed need an amplifier to feed the analogue signal into.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the answer, I already have the pi 4, the dac costs me 130 euros,
the idea is to add the official 7-inch screen of raspberry, I was looking for an amplifier, I don’t know which one to buy, greetings …

After the signal is converted to analogue by the DAC you can use any kind of stereo amp with an AUX input. Your choice will mainly depend on your budget, choice of loudspeakers and (of course) personal taste. Chinese manufacturers (e.g. Topping, SMSL, Aiyima) make very decent and competitive integrated amps nowadays.

1 Like

I was thinking of buying an amplifier board in audiophonics, to make a single order, thanks …