Artists and albums information

Following your feedbacks we inspected the Web API of Metavolumio (our metadata aggregator, which powers also web albumarts). We found out of a breaking change in a third party API which resulted in many images being invalid.

We corrected this and the update on the cloud infrastructure is deployed.

To see correctly the albumarts again, just head to Settings → Albumart → Clear Albumart Cache , then reload the page.

Regarding improving the algorithm for artist art from disk, it is on the todo list but with very low priority, so unless somebody wants to have a look at the algorith on the local server, I don’t think we will improve it.

The algo is here:

Ok will perform the refresh and let you know the results.
As always, thanks for your support. You guys keep surprising me on the active involvement on the community forum.

[edit]
Yes that did the trick: from the 5165 artist I only miss 4. More than acceptable!!!

Thanks!!!

Pictures again!!! Thank you very much!

@volumio
Just a small remark on efficiency off the code, instead of looping 20 times to get cover, you can reduce it to 8 times. not sure why thee is a check on ext. jpeg, while it’s not part of the array.

row 221
replace 
   var covers = ['coverart.jpg', 'albumart.jpg', 'coverart.png', 'albumart.png',
      'cover.JPG', 'Cover.JPG', 'folder.JPG', 'Folder.JPG',
      'cover.PNG', 'Cover.PNG', 'folder.PNG', 'Folder.PNG',
      'cover.jpg', 'Cover.jpg', 'folder.jpg', 'Folder.jpg',
      'cover.png', 'Cover.png', 'folder.png', 'Folder.png'];

with:  
    var covers = ['coverart.jpg', 'coverart.png', 'albumart.jpg', 'albumart.png', 'cover.jpg', 'cover.png', 'folder.jpg', 'folder.png'];

splitted = path.split('/');

for (var i in covers) {
      var coverFile = coverFolder + '/' + covers[i];
row 230 add:
      coverFile = coverFile.toLowerCase();

row 253:
|| on extention jpeg, not declared in array row 221

row 251:
var fileName = S(files[j]);

if (fileName.endsWith('.png') || fileName.endsWith('.jpg') || fileName.endsWith('.JPG') || fileName.endsWith('.PNG') || fileName.endsWith('.jpeg') || fileName.endsWith('.JPEG'))

replace with:
    var fileName = S(files[j]).toLowerCase();

if (fileName.endsWith('.png') || fileName.endsWith('.jpg') || fileName.endsWith('.jpeg'))

Worked for me as well. Only four artists missing which are really unknown :+1: Thanks to the team :grinning: