It took some doing to get my Arcam rDAC to play music from my NAS via NFS, and thought I’d share in case it helps anyone else.
There is a bug in the UI, where it does not honor/apply the rsize & wsize NFS mount options. It is easy enough to fix:
- Fire up your favorite editor (vi, right?) and edit /var/www/inc/player_lib.php
- Search for the nfs mount command and replace it with this:
// nfs mount
$mountstr = “mount -t nfs -o “.“rsize=”.$mp[‘rsize’].”,wsize=”.$mp[‘wsize’].",".$mp[‘options’]." “”.$mp[‘address’].":/".$mp[‘remotedir’]."" “/mnt/NAS/”.$mp[‘name’].""";
I added “dwc_otg.fiq_split_enable=0” to the end of the file /boot/cmdline.txt. Since I did a few things for the DAC to work, this may or may not be required.
I used bcmstat.sh to monitor the system during playback. I noticed that when the audio would crackle, gurgle, hiccup was due to large chunks of data being read. To resolve this, I tweaked the rsize/wsize values for the NFS advanced settings. (This is also why I hacked up the above php. The default NFS mount rsize was something like 54K, vs. 4K which works much better.)
Hope this helps someone!