Anyone else having issues with Qobuz?

Hello,

Today I tried again several times, a small improvement had set in for me, without me having changed anything… If I only use HIFI albums… so don’t switch from master to hifi… stream on Tidal and only start via the album cover and keep my fingers off the streamer with a bit of luck I can listen to an entire album. But as soon as I choose an album in master quality, it’s over.

But… when I connect to Volumio via Tidal Connect, everything works perfectly, even in master quality.

Via Connect, the E30 DAC correctly displays the Khz again… 44.1 and 48.0 (I still don’t quite understand… my GT5 shows green… should be 88.x for the album…Cliff Martinez The Wild,Season 2) Yesterday it was jumping wildly on the screen as if Volumio would resist going over 44.1. At the Dac it remained on 44.1…I personally have the suspicion that here where the dog is buried.

Sincerely,Torsten

I am in the U.S. Georgia, and can confirm it is taking me 12+ minutes to play each Qobuz track, from search, albums, any means I know how to do.

Same here! Change the DNS (i choose Google one) in Volumio seems work for me on a Raspberry 3.

UPDATE

We worked a lot since the issue was reported on Thursday to identify the root cause and fix it.
This is an issue which is affecting the ingress of our Cloud Kubernetes cluster (which aggregates TIDAL and QOBUZ data). Unfortunately, we were not able to identify yet the root cause (which seems related to our provider infrastructure).

So, as a temporary measure, we have executed a backup plan which involved setting up a fallback infrastructure to manage QOBUZ and TIDAL browsing. So, situation is now back to normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as always, you can trust that the Volumio team will do whatever to solve any issue as quickly as we can. We can’t stop listening music for silly Kubernetes glitches :wink:

3 Likes

hello Volumio,

Everything is going well here again. Thanks for disposing of this annoying problem.

Sincerely, Torsten

same here :neutral_face:

me too. not always, maybee every 4th day

same here

Hello everyone, I’m new here in the group.
I also have the problem with Qobuz and sometimes with Tidal too. The system runs stably and suddenly it becomes totally slow or produces annoying noises. However, radio or Spotify are running. And later the system starts to spin and jumps through the titles by itself.
I use an RPi 4 with 2GB RAM with Allo Boss2 and a 5 inch DSI screen. Maybe someone has similar trouble. Greetings Marc

Please provide logs when this is happening.
Are you connected to the network through WiFi or cabled?

Hi, where can I see the logs? in the GUI or do I have to do it via SSH?

Wheaten, I saw it in your link. One moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great sausage guys!
It’s back since the update to 3.429. Volumio fails to play through a longer movement of a Qobuz opera or symphony. When playing individually, Volumio jumps to the “start screen”, when playing a playlist it jumps to the next sentence. People are said to have been killed for destroying Mahler’s 2nd.:wink: Be careful, I’ll probably be in Florence in April. Guys try hard, shit on colored screen and fun stuff. Please stay with a stable system.
Give it your all, thanks in advance, Dirk