I have started writing android client for volumio some time ago and its slowly getting in to the state of first production version.
Currently all the functionality starts to be in there what you can find from the Web UI, and also some features i believe no other volumio controlling interface will offer for you.
Fully functional hardware keys, this includes Volume control cababilities without blocking the ability to change volume for other sound sources, aswell as adjusting volume via hardware keys when the app is on backround.
MediaStyle notification for notification area and lockscreen, this gives system native look for each device, so it looks and behaves like other music players in that sense.
Optimised for tablets(landscape) or phones(portrait), but works in any orientation on both.
Takes advantage of Gestures such as Long press and Swipe(In a way you have used to from other android music players)
Easily switch between your devices.
- Android 5 or later
- Depending on your media collection size, you will need alot of ram, when navigating on it (i try my best to optimise this further)
- Automatic device finder does not work consistently always.
- Network state changes(ie. from wifi to hotspot or 4g)
– does not behave correctly, if this happened when app was in backround
– automatic device finder gets in random state
- USB/NAS browsing is slow with big library.
- Not all tidal items are properly categorised
- Minor issues with light system theme
- Proper local playlist management
- Settings page (For volumio and the application itself)
- And propably many more things i have forgotten.
Currently the app should be tested in anyway possible, if you find a bug of any sort please let me know and i fix it!
I also accept feature request’s, when you request for an feature please give some proper explanation why this feature should be implemented, and you have higher changes of actually seeing it implemented.(The explanation is to help me understand, why feature X should be in there)
Playstore open beta test link.