Amazon Music HD Plugin

Have left Feedback to support Volumio at the Amazon Music app. That is where they look for sure.

2 Likes

+1 Posted to Amazon Forums!

I sent a message from the Amazon Music app on my iPhone asking if there’s documentation for their API. This was specifically for a Volumio plug-in.

On a related note, I’m using airplay from my phone to play Amazon Music through Volumio. It’s not as seamless as I’d like but it works reasonably well until a plug-in can be sorted out.

On another related note, I found an Amazon Music Github project a while back. I’ll see if I can dig it up and post a link.

1 Like

Amazon replied to my inquiry. They punted my request to their devs so unless they get more requests, I think my request will languish.

Here’s a GitHub repo that might provide some ideas of how to approach this: https://github.com/Jaffa/amazon-music

1 Like

I have used Spotify connect and Volumio thru my DAC with great success. Would like Amazon HD music to do the same, results should be outstanding. Amazon, is it not enough we pay you every month for the music?

3 Likes

I posted on the Amazon Music sub-redit will see if I get any action. They are making a big push they just upgraded their MacOS application and music quality.

Posted as well. If it doesn’t happen, I guess it’s tidal or qobuz over Amazon HD for me. :frowning:

-Justin

+1 for this feature.

All of you may also want to post here:
https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00007PiDUf/volumio-integration

Thanks for the support guys, the more we are the more chances we have to have Amazon HD integrated :wink:
Great community we have :wink: thanks!

Thanks to Volumio to support users. Is there any Idea on the possibility to have e development and timing?
cheers

1 Like

Bumping this thread so that users that want this feature can go to the provided links on this thread.
Also, don’t forget to leave the feedback via Amazon music app. Go to more then leave feedback

1 Like

+1 Requested through Feedback in Amazon Music app…

1 Like

Feedback left

1 Like

Feedback left

1 Like

Feedback left @ Amazon Music.

Is there any hope for this to ever get implemented?

1 Like

I would like to use Qubuz. But it’s not avail in Canada. Spotify is lossy. Tidal doesn’t sound right.
Amazon music is my last hifi resort.

There is no API to build it. Please take a look here:

Log a request for an API at Amazon.

We are speaking with Amazon as we speak.

To increase our chances of success, please:
go in the forum thread suggested by wheaten
tell how much you need amazon music hd on Volumio, otherwise you cancel or things like that

This will help :wink:

1 Like

I’ve already sent feedback to Amazon about this and I just answered the thread at request for an API at Amazon. There are about 120 requests so we really should see if we can mount an overwhelming surge of requests so they’ll pay attention.

Just added to the thread :crossed_fingers:

1 Like