Always an ALSA-Error after first reboot

Hi, also getting the alsa error here on a Raspberry Pi3B+ with a Hifiberry DAC2 pro board. Tried all options, including changing back to none I2S, no chance… To me this is actually software related, it works on moOde Player… no issues there. But I like to Volumio interface, so I would prefer that.

PiCore player also no go…

I had the same issue, fully working when I configure I2S, after reboot same error.
I tried editing config.txt with success.
To restore the volume control in settings->playback select the mixer type and the volume controll is restored, not completely (at 0 is not mute) but you a bit of controll.
I tried reboot several time without issues.

I think it’s a driver issue because there is no available dedicated DAC2PRO driver instead of DAC+Pro.
I hope the compatibility will be added soon to use full power of the DAC2PRO.

Solved!

I think there are 2 different issues that are easy to confuse:

1- the headphones jack cannot work in Volumio, SOLUTION: buy a 4€ RCA to jack adapter on Amazon, end of the story.

2- the DAC2Pro with Volumio after reboot doesn’t work anymore with "Alsa HW 2.0" error, SOLUTION: after the first configuration with everything working fine, switch off the pi, edit config.txt and insert command.

force_eeprom_read=0 restart the pi3.

I have a pi3 with DAC2Pro and in that condition finally everything works fine: jingle at boot, the led on the DCA2Pro turn on when playback, volyme control works, now it’s perfect!

1 Like

Hi BREX,
I proceeded like you state in the 2nd point of your post. Actually I first was a little puzzled of how should I edit the “config.txt” file after having switched off the Pi ;-))). So I Inserted force_eeprom_read=0 before turning off and restarting the Pi. Now also for me the system works and I can control the volume. Actually I had used force_eeprom_read=0 already in earlier trials with no avail. So it seems to be important to do this immediately after the first configuration
Thank you very much, my nightmare seems to be over.
Karl

I have also tried to add “force_eeprom_read=0” and it works; volumio can reboot/start and play music without ALSA-error or without the other workaround (disable DAC, reboot, enable DAC).
But after reboot i have no TIDAL-service. Logoff / logon to myvolumio-account solves the problem.

Hi BREX,

Adding the line into the config.txt solved my issue. Thanks!!! great help!!!

Hi guys. this is my first post here so please be understanding. I have a problem with my volumio primo hifi edition. I bought it some time ago and it turned out to be damaged. Asus Tinker Board S was damaged so I replaced it with another one and reinstalled the volumio software. now everything works wifi, usb ethernet and other devices after switching to the analog input, the message as in the topic alsa will appear… could any of you help me solve the problem? I tried it myself, but this is the moment when I have no more ideas and my knowledge is insufficient, and unfortunately I’m not good at searching… Greetings to everyone and I’m counting on your response.