Allo Piano Dac 2.1 first impressions

Good news: we have the license from TI! So we’ll release a version with full support for PIano 2.1 this weekend (and also list it on Volumio shop, so if you want the 2.1 and want to contribute just hold your wallet …)

O my goLd… happy news! Thanks Michelangelo! :smiley:

Sounds lovely. :sunglasses: Thank you in advance!

Are you going to also released the sparky version (for the full vana system)?

Yep!

Nice [emoji2]

That makes this DAC now very interesting and I am very curious to see what features can be ‘moved’ from software based manipulations of the bitstream to the I2C options of the chip.

Room correction, Equalizer, duo feed, high/low pass filter, etc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes, very interesting… eq particularly…

This is interesting; does this mean that Volumio will support/ manage digital room correction in hardware in the Piano2.1?

I haven’t read anywhere that Volumio does or will get such a feature. Having the license just means it opens up the possibility :slight_smile:

I guess it is a matter of demand and volunteers to get enough development support.

Ah ok… tnx :slight_smile:

Thanks for the impressions :slight_smile:

I was planning to buy Mambo ls+ but I thought: how much can it cripple bass?

Ps: is reclocker is a must to reach hifi levels? And can I use ls+ and reclocker at the same time?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Hello i have got Mabo LS+, bass are not so huge in the lowest area as with Asus Xonar Essence but bass are more rigorous.
So you can hear separately bass quitar from drums. I will have also Piano DAC so i can inform you difference between Mambo vs Piano… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes you can use them together (it’s my setup). You can reach hifi levels also without the kali, but the Kali will give you a noticeable sound quality improvement (especially in detail and soundstage)

I’m looking forward to the volumio version. Now playing with the default Max2play software. Very promising. But I do need options to use the 2.1 dac as a 2.0.

What ‘option’ are you looking for? As the 2.1 outputs the normal stereo channels (not sure if it filters out the lower frequencies of these channels), you should be fine with the 2.1 setting.

It definitely filters out below 60 Hz. Good for small speakers but for my ‘normal’ system it sounds like listening to cheap speakers. I do recognise very detailed music with secure placement of instruments. But it lacks body.

Good news! We have the new version of Volumio with full support of Piano 2.1 with DSP programs and subwoofer mode.
If you’re eager to test it (please give feedback) here it is:
updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/2 … pi.img.zip

For those wanting a Piano 2.1 it will be on sale from tomorrow on Volumio shop!

wow great… tomorrow ill try your hard work Michelangelo… thank you very very much :slight_smile:

Im just “coocking” my sd… i cant wait LOL… my wife will kill me…

Since you’re trying, I would like to have a second opinion on my listening impressions.

Could you please try to listen to few songs with the DSP to default, and in 2.0 mode.

Then switch to “Ringing-less Low Latency FIR” .

Let me know what are your listening impressions, and if you find differences in the two modes

thank you!