AirPlay

Hello to you all :slight_smile:

As you can read in the headline, my problem is based on AirPlay. I don´t know if this has been discussed yet, but i didn´t find anything so if there is a solution yet, i´m sorry.

When i play music with volumio over my Pi for instance any webradio and then want to play music over AirPlay with my iPhone, the music from the webradio doesn´t stop.
Is this a bug or haven´t I just found the setting to change this?

Would be grateful for some help. THANKS :smiley:

Hi,

I actually did post about this hidden somewhere in the forum. You probably couldn’t find it because I was referring to airplay as shairport. That’s the name of the app linux uses to emulate airplay. http://volumio.org/forum/shairport-and-mpd-won-t-get-along-t332.html

Anyways my problem is similar to yours except my airplay dies if mpd is already playing. I’ve never had a problem having both airplay and mpd play at the same time though I’ve heard another person complain about it on a different site. Are you using the mini-jack in the front?

You’re supposed to be able to fix the problem by adding -B “mpc stop” to the /etc/init.d/shairport daemon script. This basically tells mpd to stop whenever airplay is about to play something. This has worked for me in the past but couldn’t get it to work reliably in volumio. This little fix might still work for you since at least airplay doesn’t die like mine while mpd is running.

[code]#! /bin/sh

/etc/init.d/shairport

NAME=“Volumio”

case “$1” in
start)
/usr/local/bin/shairport -d -a “$NAME” -B “mpc stop”
;;
stop)
killall shairport
;;
*)
echo “Usage: /etc/init.d/shairport {start|stop}”
exit 1
;;
esac

exit 0
[/code]

Thanks ! This should go to the FAQ page… I have a Peachtree Nova 125 and had very similar problem, only difference is for me, there is no sound at all, except a few seconds of static noise.

Thanks again !