Airplay volume control like with Spotify Connect2 plugin

Hello!

It would be really nice if I could control the Hardware volume of the DAC with the volume setting on the iPhone if I use Airplay. As if I use the Spotify Connect 2 plugin.

This request is not about sound quality but convenience. I do not want to handle two different volume settings.

Thank you for considering.

Best regards
ph265701

Is there any progress on this issue? I know that Volumio is open source and free to use but despite that fact it is quite frustrating to see that this request seems to be ignored. Maybe I am missing something but in my opinion this is a valid request.

IIRC It’s already built in from shairport-sync's side , but it’s disabled in Volumio’s config for some reason.

I added the line mixer_control_name = “${mixer}”; in /volumio/app/plugins/music_service/airplay_emulation/shairport-sync.conf.tmpl and did a reboot but it does not seem to work. Changing the volume of the sender device still just changes sender volume and not main volume of Volumio. What could have gone wrong?

Would it be possible to implement that the Volumio master volume is changed automatically to 100% respective the max. volume set in the settings after Airplay is activated? This would then have the effect that the volume is completely controlled by the sender. When Airplay is stopped the master volume of Volumio would need to set back to the previous value. I checked out moode and I saw that it is being done that way and it works quite well in my opinion.

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong in the shairport-sync.conf edit? I cannot figure out why it does not work…

Did you resolve this issue?

Unfortunately, not - I gave up. It would be great if someone could help.