I’m new to the forum so I’m not sure if this is the right place for a bug report. Feel free to move the post to another thread if this is the wrong location.
One month ago I built a Rpi box with Volumio 1.2Beta. I manually compiled gmendiarenderer and updated shairport using putty command line, and everything was up and running. I describe the project here on the JRiver Interact forum: yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p … #msg616967
I recently upgraded to build 1.4, the device shows up for playback, but there are lots of pops and clicks over my usb output device (Halide Bridge usb-spdif converter). In addition, there is nothing but static over airplay. I did some investigating and troubleshooting, and couldn’t get rid of the pops or static despite many attempts with various DLNA and output settings.
So I backtracked and managed to install the following with no problems:
-Volumio build 1.2beta fresh flash, then apt-get update for all applications.
-shairport update to latest version via putty command line - from sourceforge.net/projects/volumio … erry%20PI/
-Manual installation of UpMPDcl - from lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads.html
Now it all works great, no pops and clicks or static at all. UpMPDcl sounds great and seems a step in sound quality from gmediarender, and airplay works as long as I manually start and stop playback before using.
I know you are trying to integrate all of these elements in build 1.4, but something must have broke between builds or is causing a resource hang. It seems to work with the previous build with manual installation of the DLNA and Airplay components. Hope this helps. I can send you a system image of the working 1.2 plus shairport and upMPDcl if it helps.
Thanks so much for your development work. Volumio is a brilliant idea and a great use of the RPi!!!