After Update to v2.657, no volume control

Same here.

Hi,

…same issue everwhere it seems for now.
Please stop posting this “volume control issue” again, again and again - wait for the next version - and use the “last known good” one, which seems to be v2.668 - at least for me.

The devs will come back to business after “christmas/new year” phase, i’m pretty sure :wink:

Best Regards and have a great new year,
Josef

Hello,

First, thank you Volumio staff for this great software and the effort, and all forum users for sharing info. I discovered Volumio a few days ago and I’m very happy with it (the same with HiFiBerry DAC or AMP hardware). I’m a kind of an audio newbie and discovering all that.

I have the same volume issue (loud, can’t change it with touch screen interface or web interface) with this configuration :

Versions :

• Hardware : Raspberry Pi 3, HiFiBerry Amp2, Raspberry 7" Touch Screen, powered by 18V/4.5A,
  • Software : Volumio 2.692 installed from image (no upgrade) .

Volumio configuration :

• Output device : HiFiBerry DAC Plus
  • I2S DAC : On
  • DAC Model : HiFiBerry DAC Plus
  • Mixer : Hardware
  • Name : Digital
  • User interface in French

My current workaround is to switch to the software mixer.

If it can help, I also have the same strange web interface bugs as previously mentionned :

I’m a sysadmin (but completely ignorant of audio on linux) so I’m fully available for tests, launching commands or if you need config files or log files.

Happy new year !

the volume issue will be investigated when the devs return form holidays

sorry i dont now the point in english excatly:
On “Wiedergabe (Replay?)”
Klick to save, on “Outputdevices”
After that, it works again, just to the next reboot.

azoui

Firstly - thanks for the status update that this will be fixed when devs return from holiday. In the interim…
My Volumio box (RPi 3 with IQAudio AMP+) is my main lounge music playback device and provided excellent service until I made the mistake of upgrading the firmware just before Christmas :frowning: I originally installed Volumio over a year ago and no longer have the install image file, so am now “stuck” on the broken v2.692 - I’ve looked around for v2.668 as an identified “known good” version but cannot find a link - is this still available to download?

Jason.

Resetting to factory settings might help, for me it’s not a solution, because with the older versz, Spotify stops working

updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/2 … pi.img.zip

thks for the link but its not the full img
anyone knows if there is an archive of image to download previous versions
thks

sorry, what makes you believe that?

No, we do not keep a public archive.

Many thanks for the prompt reply! Have flashed v2668 downloaded from the link you provided (don’t know why other poster thought it was not a “full img”) and can confirm normal volume function restored :smiley:

Jason.

Any news of a solution to this problem, at the moment I have to re-select the output device and save the configuration for the volume to work correctly, the same problem exists across all my devices, with different output devices. Im using Ver 2.692

same here. downgrading isn’t an option for me, since the spotify plugin won’t work then

Check ‘Problem with volume’ topic.
Almost at the end there is a solution.
It works for a lot of people.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

and where is that topic ?

https://forum.volumio.org/problem-with-volume-t13504.html

thank you !

The latest version does not fix the problem for me until I toggle on)off I2S and reboot… I am using 502DAC hat.

does this fix the problem entirely or do you have to repeat after every reboot?

after update to 2.698, the problem remain.

No hardware mixer in list,
volume is working only saving dac model again,
each reboot.

raspberry 3+ b with hifiberry dac plus