Adding Tidal Connect

Was TC with Pi zero ever resolved? It’s not working for me.

There is a new version of tidal connect released in volumio 2.909. This should fix the crash some people were having on sample rate changes on certain devices.

If you were encountering these issues, please update to volumio 2.909 and let us know if it solved your issue.

1 Like

Hi Mervinio,

Unluckily still facing the issue on v 2.909 ( x86 - Futro S900 )

i just replicated it and extracted fresh logs:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/GeLwOeg.html ( time stamp: 7:10 PM - 7:20 PM CEST 14/09/21 ).

Here a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/givRLbTWKb1PS3XN6

When the MQA song by CSI ends, the player tries to play the “next song” but the seek is already started.

The Tidal app seems stuck: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rVWLRFjtwux25GGA7

If i press the “next” button and then the “back” back one, the track would be properly played but the playlist stops again when the track quality changes ( MQA → NO MQA o viceversa)

DAC: SMSL SU-9.

Please let me know if i can help with any additional info / data.

Really thanks for your efforts and your amazing work!

Luca

Hi Luca, it seems that the version of tidal connect you are using is not the latest. I know this because the logs have changed in the latest version. Please re-check if you are on 2.909. If you are on the latest version than something went wrong with the update. This can happen if files are changed in your filesystem, prior to the upgrade. Best solution is to do a factory reset.

Just to be sure i will check tomorrow if the x86 version of tidal connect was properly added to the latest image.

1 Like

Hi Mervinio,

Really thanks for your insights.

I wiped my usb drive and reinstalled the 2.909 and… wow, it finally works!

Probably something went wrong with the update. Quite strange as i edited only the triggerhappy conf file.

I tried this steps with the previous version with no luck in the past.

Thanks again;

Luca

Not aware that this has been looked at yet, AFAIK it isn’t yet working on Pi Zero.

Just updated to 2.909, and can confirm that what I call the “spinning circle of death” is still present for me.

This is when the Tidal app shows a spinning circle where the Play/Pause button in, and usually skipping forward or back a track fixes things. (And this is just within a regular album. So in my case has nothing to do with bitrate or MQA changes.)

Also, has anyone gotten accented characters to show up? I’m currently listening to Swedish band Night Crowned album Hädanfärd, and every other song has accented characters in the title. None of them show up on the hdmi out display, nor when accessing volumio.local from a PC, or from the android app.

1 Like

Hi there, I have run into problems with TC too.
It has worked, until recently. TC just didn’t start the track. endless waiting (spinning circle…)
I decided to upgrade to 2909.
No luck.
In the /dev/ log I read this:

info: Tunnel connection is inactive, restarting it
info: Starting Tunnel 1
info: Starting Tunnel Connection Checker
volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/systemctl restart sshtunnel.service
pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Starting MyVolumio SSH Tunnel…
Started MyVolumio SSH Tunnel.
pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
port set to 0, monitoring disabled
starting ssh (count 1)
ssh child pid is 2984
info: Remote SSH Started
ssh: connect to host eu2.myvolumio.org port 2222: Connection refused
ssh exited prematurely with status 255; autossh exiting
info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetState
sshtunnel.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Stopping MyVolumio SSH Tunnel…
… this get repeated lots of times.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

btw, I did completely reinstalled Volumio. Even etched it as new on the SD card. Using Rpi3+ with Allo DigiOne.

OK. Fail…
Volumio somehow got assigned a new access profile by my router, which by default prevents internet access. That explains the connection refused message.

After that: Music!

Sorry for bothering you guys. I’ll leave my post here for archive purpose so other can be hinted when experiencing the same problems.

Aha! Can you tell us what router you have? this could be very useuful for other people with the same router

Sure. I have a fritzbox (5530, but most use the same FritzOS).
By default new wifi clients get full access but I have configured it otherwise so new clients only can surf and email, other protocols prohibited. Therefore, the SSH tunnel was not connecting…

Cheers
J

Same situation: Some tracks hang (spinning/buffering circle). It can happen constantly (15 or 20 times an hour) or not at all. There seems to be no issue playing Tidal music through the Volumio app, just in the Tidal app using Tidal Connect. I’ve tried all the voodoo I can think, but it still happens.

Using a RPi 3B+, Allo Boss 1.2 DAC, Volumio 2.909

Thanks for the report guys. Please send logs so we can understand what happens in your case

Wow 2.909 works great, thanks for the update :+1:

How far are you with a fix for Tidal Connect on the Rpi0?

@Mikkel The Raspberry Pi Foundation have just released the RPi Zero 2, I’ve just ordered one which should arrive tomorrow, so I’ll give that a try. I’m not particularly technical, but it sounds like the Zero 2 has replaced the old SOC with a SIP (which combines the SOC from the Pi3 and the ram) so I’m hopeful that TC will run.

I’ll write back once I’ve given it a go.

1 Like

I still have this problem:
Volumio Virtuso (up to date)/TIDAL/RME Adi 2 dac/Android Tablet or Googlge Pix 6

TIDAL works and plays but in different intervals, it stops working and a “spinner” is shown in TIDAL. Sometimes it is possible to move to the next track. t

I have absolutely no problem to stream with M-Connect to Volumio.

What can I do?

How can I solve this problem? I have tried also V3 beta - same thing!

If I’m creating a new SD card, the problem is solved for a few hours but it is returning.

If Volumio stops, I can switch to a chromcast and tidal works without any flaw.

What can I do or where can I get help?

1 Like

Did you ever get around to trying the Pi Zero 2?

I completely forgot about it for a while! I’d got a Zero 2 without a pre-soldered header so had no way to connect one of my pi zero audio HATs so it seemed a bit pointless. It didn’t occur to me to plug my Dragonfly into the USB until the weekend. Did a fresh install of Volumio today and got it all set up and am happily listening via Tidal Connect without any fussing whatsoever. It means I’ve now got a little travel unit that I can take with me whenever I’m on the road and plug it up to my headphones or a set of speakers etc.

Great work from the team!

Perfect, thanks for the update. I’m using a RPi Zero for my son’s room, and it’s connected USB to his DAC and works perfectly for AirPlay, but if I can find a Zero 2 in stock I’ll get him the upgrade (I know it’s much faster regardless).

1 Like