Adding Tidal Connect

Great, reactivated myvolumio acccount: killer feature thx!

Great work Volumio.

I have MQA full unfold through USBridge sig into pro-ject s2 DAC.

Celeron pc into Chord 2qute.

Pi4 into DigiOne sig

All working well and sounding glorious

Thanks for making this happen.

Not working for me, I am afraid :frowning: I am probably missing an obvious step.
My router has UPNP turned on.
Volumio is signed in on a Virtuosic account, Tidal signed in, and the Tidal connect slider is on
Tidal app is up to date.
Yet Volumio doesn’t show up in Tidal connect.

Do i need sort out any port forwarding?
I have reset the router and re-flashed the SD card. I’ve tried wired, wireless and both. I’ve tried my guest Wifi network. Still nothing :frowning:

Any ideas?

Thanks! Great job, just updated Volumio on my Allo Usbridge (RPI3) and it was immediately found in the Tidal app on my iphone.

BUT… I experience an awful loud buzz when I press pause button in the Tidal app. Restarted the usbridge, updated the Tidal app on my iphone, but the problem is still there. No such noise if I play Tidal tracks from the Volumio interface (the old way).
Does anyone else experience similar issues?

For all of those who don’t see TIDAL connect, we are on it. But we need some informations to provide asap with a fix.
Please tell us: which DAC you have and which device you use.

Also, try to set your mixer type to “Software” from playback settings. Please tell us if in your situation this fixes the issue

Not seen in authorized devices or sound output lists. Just play something and click symbol in the corner.

1 Like

I am using Volumio release on rpi4 — USB — SMSL SU9 DAC
Volumio says Tidal Connect is ready.
I can see it in Tidal app on iOS and connect to it. Volumio GUI says a device is connected.

But pressing play does nothing.

Song stays at 00:00 forever.

Seeing errors on livelog:

info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: volumiodiscovery , saveDeviceInfo
[2021-04-22 20:33:09] [info] asio async_shutdown error: asio.misc:2 (End of file)
info: Unknown command: notifyPlaybackError
info: CoreCommandRouter::servicePushState
info: CoreStateMachine::pushState
info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioPushState
[2021-04-22 20:34:15] [info] asio async_shutdown error: asio.misc:2 (End of file)
[2021-04-22 20:34:22] [info] asio async_shutdown error: asio.misc:2 (End of file)
[2021-04-22 20:34:47] [info] asio async_shutdown error: asio.misc:2 (End of file)

Tried Software mixer with same result.

Log available at: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/MtOrWk4.html

Thanks- Volumio showing in Tidal connect on Android app only.

No sound, however. The track loads and the time progresses, but no sound.

1 Like

Volumio is doing already tons of monies with selling the 3rd party hardware around the world so I doubt they needed to make much more money. Enough is enough.

I have Allo Digione on RBpi and I cant get TIDAL Connect to work. Any suggestions? /Arvid in Sweden

I also have Allo Usbridge, but I am stuck on 2.873. When I try to update it says I am on latest version. How did you get it to update? I would like to try tidal connect, if I could only get it to update!

I also have a smsl su-9 and I am experiencing exactly the same issues.

Great news! Will the Tidal connect feature also work on volumio devices like the Pro Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra?

Hi

I’m currently on free plan after canceling my virtuoso plan due to the poor Tidal functionality. Now that Tidal Connect is available I’d like to give it a try. Could I test it during this beta phase, may I have a virtuoso try period?

1 Like

I have a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro and a raspberry pi 3. I had my mixer set to hardware and then to software based on the other forum post. I tried with iPhone, laptop and a hardwired Windows 10 machine with Tidal app. No luck on any.

1 Like

I have a customer reporting that they get no sound with Tidal connect but have no issues with Mconnect. I will have them post additional details here.
They are using Volumio with RPI-DAC driver.

Hi I’m using a Orchard Audio Pecanpi using RPI-DAC as recommended by Leo of Orchard Audio . I have no audio with Tidal Connect but audio works well using Mconnect and BubbleUPnp. Audio also works well with my NAS and USB drives. I noticed Spotify Connect also has no audio. Hope these issues can be solved.

1 Like

I have an Allo Digione on RPi4, can see volumio but will not connect via Tidal app on IOs. Tidal on Android device is not detecting volumio at all. Have also tried same after logging out of volumio UI to no effect . Have tried with mixer type set to "software " as you suugested and “none” - no change even after rebooting post changes

I’m trying out the new Tidal Connect feature.
So far so good. got it working pretty quickly.

One question regarding MQA:
As I understand it, volumio does NOT do the first unfold. If that’s the case, what is point of the MQA on/off switch in the Tidal settings? What exactly does toggling that option do?

thanks

My theory is that it means MQA passthrough. Meaning when on, just pass the requested MQA file untouched to my Dac that has the ability to do the full MQA decode. I have a dac that can do the full decode and it works just fine this way.