Adding Tidal Connect

Will it be free for all users or only subscribers to a plan?

1 Like

Thank you so much for keeping us in touch. Feel free to let me know if you need any beta testers :relieved:

1 Like

That’s a good news :slightly_smiling_face: thanks so much :slight_smile:
I don’t think it will happen soon(if it will) to have Linux version of TIDAL app, and Android native is :poop: for audio, so for Linux users it’s a very good news :slight_smile: and Volumio will definitely become THE center of audio systems :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Agreed, would also be happy to help

Found on github LINK REMOVED which has a working tidal_connect_application that you can use to run on your 32 bit ARM cpu (tested on a raspberry pi).
Use play.sh to see what parameters to play with (service names, device names, etc).
I needed to remove the --clientid parameter or else it would not work and I used the IfiAudio_NeoStream.dat certificate.

HiFi / MASTER quality both worked:

MASTER: Decoder got 19315216 total frames for AudioMetadata [ channels: 2 bitsPerSample: 24 sampleRate: 88200 ]
HiFI: Decoder got 18733776 total frames for AudioMetadata [ channels: 2 bitsPerSample: 16 sampleRate: 44100 ]

The dependencies for the binary are a match for packages from Ubuntu 18.04 but you can run it on newer if you copy the older libs. I tested on Debian 10 (rpi4) and copied over binaries from a 18.04 docker container.

Both Windows desktop and Android apps found the Tidal Connect sink:

I will play some more with a HiFi Berry when I get some time.

Have fun, I have no idea if the repository is something that should be public but looks like it is.

1 Like

Sorry guys, I had to remove the link as it contained TIDAL Intellectual property.
I also invite you to not suggest ways of circumventing services TOS. Let’s stay legal guys.

2 Likes

Hi. I would like to know this as well: will it be a subscription-based feature, like Tidal integration is now, or will it be free, like Spotify Connect is (and like it is supposed to be, really).
Thanks
Vlada

1 Like

This is great news…Thanks for the update :+1:

Can’t wait

I have Tidal Connect working on Volumio. Please note that this is very hacky, and very UNOFFICIAL!!! but also not very hard :slight_smile:

I still have to smooth things out, and add track information e.t.c. but for now i can stream music.

I guess i can not disclose here how i did this.

3 Likes

Any news about Tidal Connect integration?

We are working on it. We estimate to release it end Q2 this year

5 Likes

I love my Volumio Primo, and with Tidal Connect it could be perfect!!

Can you show me how you did it.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

There is a TIDAL connect build online which is used by some developers to bring a basic TIDAL Connect functionality. It has been mentioned a couple of times here on this thread. We’ve removed any mention of it and we ask everyone here to not post anything involving that.

The reason is simple: the code is an unauthorized copy of TIDAL’s IP and it contains some private keys (of the company that leaked it).
While we would be really happy that an implementation of TIDAL Connect would be made available to anyone, we can’t accept that to happen with unauthorized IP and therefore being illegal.
On top of that, we worked for years to manage to respect the IP of companies sharing their SDK with us and we can’t risk that this trust is jeopardized by such happenings.

Hope you all will understand and cooperate.

7 Likes

To me, Spotify Connect sounds better on Volumio vs Spotify streamed over AirPlay. I am kinda expecting the same for TIDAL Connect.

Is there some technical backup for this or its just me?

is there any thread which I can sub to be a beta tester for this feature

+1 for me

There is good progress. We will keep you posted when a beta is available. Thanks!

9 Likes

Thank you, keep us up to date! I am excited to test this new feature

@volumio Thank you for the efforts, appreciate it.

One question, with TIDAL Connect, is Volumio going to be able to playback higher then CD quality bit-rate (48Khz or 96Khz, no MQA)?