Adding Tidal Connect

Same here, doesn’t work!

Sir I guess I should thank you. Updating the system to v2.878 now, fingers crossed!

quick update: it works!
Thank you!!

For music lovers who isntalled volumio months ago and forget about it: just update the system: not the app in your phone but Volumio! :slight_smile:
DO NOT FORGET TO UPDATE THE SYSTEM

SOLVED! The mixer was et to nothing! After setting to Software it works for me!

Great job!!!

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem. Which is a pity as I use Brutefir for DRC and Headphone EQ.
Hope this can be fixed as it makes Tidal Connect useless for me.

1 Like

There is no plans to make it work with Volumio 2.xx.
But it should be ok with buster version. I suggest you to test volumio-plugins/plugins/audio_interface/Dsp4Volumio at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub or
A Parametric Eq, where you can directly use more than 3800 Eq profils from AutoEq for headphone, in one click! : volumio-plugins/plugins/audio_interface/Parameq4Volumio at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub.
But please report here your tests with plugins : [NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas - #247 by ianpi
TY

Thank you so much volumio for this update!
It worked straight outta the box for me ( even Mqa)!

I gotta say though I think the sound stage presentation is fractionally better in the volumio app than in connect. I know it doesnt make sense :slight_smile:

fwiw my kit/signal path is: RPi4–allo digione–ifi idsd–quad 34 preamp–quad 405 mk2–Kef ls50.

1 Like

True. Volume control in Tidal is pain. Both mobile and pc. But connect works fine in both.

Hello. Just updated Volumio. Firstly it connects with Tidal Connect but no sound. Then after turning off and on “MPD Client Volume Regulation” it started working.

Have Cambridge 851D DAC. However i use Resampling feature in Volumio with 24bit and 192kHz/Very High settings. When playing directly from Volumio app DAC is showing 192kHz signal on display, when changing to Tidal Connect it is going back down to 44.1/48kHz. Looks like with Tidal Connect resampling is not working?

Please let me know what u think. Best regards.

Resampling is “For local file playback only”.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you :slight_smile:

I get the blue toast message and I can confirm that I’m on the same network. Tidal can see other Tidal Connect devices, but not Volumio. Anything else to try?

User Error: once I set the mixer to Software it works also with Brutefir.

Great effort from Volumio team, congrats!

I’m on a trial Virtuoso plan in order to evaluate if it is woth it to me to pay extra to have Tidal Connect.

It took me the whole afternoon to make it work, but when I’ve read this thread till the end, I’ve set my Earmen Donald DAC as the output device and it started working.

That was really odd, since I think that I did set it up correctly… but ok, it works now and I’ll test it for a few days to see if I will continue the subscription.

I guess the same thing happenned to me.
Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that the problem was DSP and did a full reset :frowning:
After the reset, Tidal Connect started working.

I have volumio on Rpi4 and MiniPC with USB dacs, bot with Dsp plugin, both with the same problem.

@spence1 can you send me some logs and info about your setup?

Updated the FAQ, please read carefully before posting.

Am I the only one having issues with PAUSE -Tidal connect works fine until I stop the music from the ios Tidal app - then a stutter buzz noise starts untill I press play again.
Allo Usbridge → Schiit Bifrost2 Dac

My Allo Usbridge is running on the sparky platform and I cannot get an update to 8.878. How did you use the rpi3 image?
Any info helpful, thanks

I’ve had the same issue with the USBridge Sig in the past but with a different OS.

I found that grounding the USBridge Sig chassis helps and does reduce general background noise also.

I use the Nirvana PSU which makes grounding easier.

Cheap and easy to try.

No problems with my USBridge Sig into Pro-ject S2 and Tidal Connect.

i Have the BifrostV1 but never use the USB input.