Added Input playback on MyVolumio Superstar? v2.632

OK, i had no luck with this I2S input card.
Anyone here knowing another promising I2S input card?
(Another than the Hifiberry ADC or audioinjector soundcard)
Thanks in advance.

What all devices support this functionality. I have a digione signature but i doubt it works on that

Hi,
is it possible to use the analogue input on another volumio device (multiroom)? One Volumio device is connected to the turntable and the other as an amp.
Thanks for the help!

Best regards
Christof

This is an awesome idea! We will do it!

Nice to hear!
Is it also possible for the CD Playback?

This would be amazing when you do this. I am about to push the button on upgrading to Superstar and this would be amazing, being able to play audio from a record player around the house!

Hi Michel Angelo, will the USB input will work with M2tech Joplin (ADC)? When I conect it to USB from my AlloDigione Signature, the ADC Joplin assumes instantly this connection, by changing to 32/364, but no response from Volumio. Will it be the Superstar Plan I need? Thanks, João

How about HDMI, does raspberry do only output? It would be nice to have a HDMI player inputing SACD… sorry, may this is ignorance.

1 Like

Hi, any news on this feature? I bought a DAC+ ADC and upgraded to superstar expecting this to be able to do this. Exactly the same scenario, turntable in one room, want to listen to records in another room without turntable.

The analogue feature seems a bit pointless if its confined to the same Pi as the ADC+. If its connected to an amp I might as well just connect the analogue device to the amp negating the need for the analogue input…

It’s on our roadmap, before starting work on it we have to finish:

• New TIDAL integration
  • Multiroom Sync

I’ll see if we can prioritize it a bit :wink:

Cool. Think I’ll cancel supertar for now, there is nothing I need in it that the free version doesn’t have.

Hee Michelangelo,

Do you have an idea when " Multiroom Sync"will be implemented ?

Thnx in advance, DjKolk

Sorry Michel Angelo, no quote on this? Sorry, may be asking in the wrong topic…

Thank you for your trouble, Joao

[/quote]
Hi Joao,
the superstar plan is definitely needed for enable input playback.

but i don’t know if your usb adc is supported.
i know it works fine with Beh­ringer U-Con­trol UCA222 USB ADC.
may Michelangelo can say more…
best ,j.

Hi Joao,
the superstar plan is definitely needed for enable input playback.

but i don’t know if your usb adc is supported.
i know it works fine with Beh­ringer U-Con­trol UCA222 USB ADC.
may Michelangelo can say more…
best ,j.
[/quote]
Thank you so much Judydudi! I might just try it.

I have Khadas Tone DAC connected via USB to my RPI 4B (I am using USB as input from RPI and stream music to this DAC as usual). But this DAC also has COAX SPDIF input - could I use this “Input playback” feature to play music from this COAX SPDIF input?
Thanks!

Sorry, no, in case of Khadas that works different, it is all toneboard internal, volumio has no control over it.
Power the usb-c and connect to the spdif coax input connector, you will get output over rca.

Michelangelo

Volumio at RPi4 with Allo Dig HAT. Upon Superstar, “snd_allo_diginone” input shows up, but upon connecting USB to Windows PC, PC doesn’t recognize as Audio output.

I do admit using a long USB 20ft cable and tried both USB 2 and 3, at no solution.

Does Windows PC supposed to recognize Volumio USB in/ou Audio? Does requires any driver?

Xant