Add BBC Sounds on-demand via Web Radio

they will play till mid 2023 after that there gone.

Similar discussion on in this thread, since BBC will again make changes.

does the my web radio require a dash decoder then ? dash is open source according to bbc website

the discontinuation of streams mid 2023 seems to affect SHOUTcast devices - BBC Sounds Stop Working in 2023? Everything You Need to… | Radio.co

HLS streams will still be available

The “ondemand” are no streams, so you won’t be able to use it as a radio stream.
It’s being played in a container. Volumio is not a web browser and doesn’t has this features.
I even doubt if you install “touch display” (on local display connected to the Volumio device) with the chromium browser, it will work.
But you can test it yourself. Just open a new browser (press ALT+HOME), enter the url and see how it goes.

your option worked with
big ALT + HOME

and then the bbc sounds

to return to volumio
big ALT + FN +F4 or big ALT + F4

listening to bb king on sounds…
you need a screen and pref. keyboard and mouse :slight_smile:

or install the Virtual keyboard :slight_smile:

installed touch screen, attached screen and keyboard, played bbc sounds - no audio !
besides no audio, attaching perirpherals etc is an inconvenience as i control volumio from a pc via the web interface. it would be better to be able to play bbc sounds on demand content via the web interface.

This is the only way at this moment. It works for both DVO and myself.
Maybe not the most pretty way, but it does what it needs to do.

did you open it on the pi and not with a pc?
if u use the commands written above on the pi it will work :slight_smile:
you will see chrome browser on the pi and then you have to goto bbc and then sounds.
this will only work on the pi and it’s doesn’t work if you try the same on a pc pulling it up from the pi.

yes opened with the pi using ALT + HOME and entered bbc sounds on the pi attached screen.

and do you have sound?
uhm strange it works for us what output and dac are u using?

no sound

Pi Zero 2W with iQaudio Digiamp+.
some other querks - cant change volumio theme and volumio totally freezes occasionally - same with various sd cards. i know this is off subject - wonder if need additional settings adjustment ?

pi zero isn’t really suitable any more btw.
i run it on a pi4 /4g with a usb dac i would try if youtube can play sound with the browser
and if you play with volumio it works? ps i was looking at the wrong hat found the right one.

is the mute led burning?

if so unmute it. info you can find here.

Pi Zero works well - only lately freezing maybe since adding more plugins - neither Pi or Digiamp have jack output.
I will try youtube in browser this evening and mute light. youtube plugin via web interface works well.
havent noticed mute light as audio plays via web interface - mute only active on startup.
easier at the moment to stream browser audio to my other bluetooth speaker

not via volumio but if you alt + home does and load via chrome if you have audio then.
it could be that it’s muted when volumio doesn’t play just test all options.