Accessing a USB HDD

I know this might sound a little crazy but here is my question.
I have my music collection on a HDD connected by USB to my PI 3B+ and have no problems or issues with it. However, from time to time I need to add new music to the collection. At present I do this by disconnecting the drive and connecting it to USB on my Windows 10 PC. I have made this easier by having a USB male/female connector on the rear panel of my Music Player.
Is there a way of accessing the HDD via the PI and using my existing wi-fi directly from my PC.

Thanks

I think volumio runs SAMBA by default. From the windows 10 command prompt try dir \\volumio\USB

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
That does indeed show the USB drive on Volumio but how do I access the contents of the drive to add stuff to it?

winscp could help with this. faster is to connect it to a pc.
https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Hey JUKEBOX_BUILDER,

Open your router page and get your ip address for your Volumio.

Open This PC, click on Computer, Select “Map Network Drive”, and a window will pop open.

Type \\your Volumio ip\ and select browse, and the drive should show up.

hth

J

To elaborate on what @dvo suggested,

• download and install WinSCP,
  • connect to the (local) IP address for the volumio
  • login as volumio with password volumio
  • connect to as remote directory /data/INTERNAL
  • connect to your pc local directory, or open the required folder in Windows Explorer
  • drag and drop to copy files/folders you need on the volumio
  • remember to re-scan your sources (Settings|Sources|Rescan) so the new media shows up in your library

See screenshot below where I have backed up podcasts from my iPhone and copied them from the iTunes folder to the volumio so I can play them:

Here’s what the library listing looks like after a re-scan (includes podcasts added before):

Hope that helps.

Regards,

I’ve just used the default SAMBA shares since I started with Volumio.
From a file explorer window, type in the location bar, \volumio and press Enter
There are the shares, “Internal Storage”, “NAS”, “USB”.
Click on USB and there are my music files, I can copy to and from by drag and drop, update tags, etc.

Thanks for all of your help with this. I found after looking at what you had all given me that the simplest method for me was to use the one that Jason88 suggested. Thanks Jason.

Open your router page and get your ip address for your Volumio.

Open This PC, click on Computer, Select “Map Network Drive”, and a window will pop open.

Type \your Volumio ip\ and select browse, and the drive should show up.

I have put a shortcut on my desktop for instant access which works a treet.

Thanks again all.