About the Introduce Yourself category

Tell us who you are, why you love music and well… why Volumio!

2 Likes

Hi, Marcello from the US.

My name is Marcello, live in the US and parents most of my extended family were born in Telese, Italy. I have a very good stereo system and use the Metrum acoustics ambre streamer with Volumio sd card feeding a Metrum acoustics Onyx DAC via I2S. Sound quality is excellent and I’m very much enjoying Volumio. I’m still learning the software as I’ve only had it a few weeks and purchased the upgrade plan to use Tidal and Qobuz. I’m sure I will have some questions/suggestions later but so far sound quality is superb and no issues with software via direct ethernet connection to the ambre. I believe the ambre is using a modifed pi board that has been modified with very good clocks and power supply but not sure.
Great work Michaelangelo and team!
Marcello

Hi, hello from Helsinki/Finland. I am a great happy user of internet radio streaming. I have been running Pimoroni pirateradio since it was announced. I have lots of streams in my list of streaming stations. Hard to keep track on which station is playing. So why Volumio ? Yes I intend to change my setup PiZero with PirateAudio running on volumio. So I signed up and hope to get a better user interface. I am 75 yrs worked in electronics all my life. However installing newsoftware can sometimes be tricky for me.
Calleb / Helsinki

1 Like

Hello, my name is Eduardo. I live in the USA in New Jersey 10 minutes from Philadelphia. I enjoy high quality audio and finding new and interesting methods to control and interact with my music sources.

I have just now set up a Raspberry Pi 4 to act as a library and streaming center. Hopefully it goes well.

I hope to meet and chat with music fans from all over the world. Unfortunately, my French is not as good as it once was and my Spanish is very spastic. Maybe I can practice them here?:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

:loud_sound::notes::musical_note::boom::hear_no_evil:

Hi, I am Tim
I have always loved music from childhood (4yo) through out my entire life. The better the quality that my ear can hear, the more I can enjoy the sound. I have a Chromebox by Acer. I recently signed up for Amazon Music HD unlimited when I saw that it is free to try for 3 months, the playback resolution is much better than the music streaming apps that I have used in the past. However, I do realize that I may not be receiving that level of bandwidth on each devise if that devise doesn’t utilize all of the data sent in the streaming signal. I am very green when it comes to my understanding of a good bit of the audio technical terms, but as I read more and more on aspects of the current landscape of audio, I do understand more each day it seems. I have been looking around on the Volumio web-browser app that I loaded and signed up on. I am not sure as of now if I am getting any benefit of sound improvement since the Chrome App I loaded in the Chrome Store doesn’t appear to function or maybe I don’t understand how to set it up. None of the downloads on this browser app seem to be designed to load on a Chrome OS. I there is a way for me to use Volumio, given my circumstance, hopefully someone in the know will enlighten me. Thanks for the possibility, hopefully

1 Like

hi, I am Malin, a transexual female native Finn (ultra-nationalist), and Japanese citizen. I develop financial trading and risk management having audio is my hobby. I run Volumio 3 on a Rasberry PI 4B that is connected to a Tone Board 2 Pro which feeds its RCAs into an IFI Zen CAN Signature V2. I am a Virtuoso subscriber who uses Tidal connect to stream out high res and MQA to my DAC. The reason for jumping into Volumio was its ability to handle Tidal and MQA bit-perfect output…

great having a fellow Finn onboard :slight_smile:

Hi there.

I’m returning to Volumio after a long time absent -had switched to another platform. I had some issues and switched back on my Raspberry Pi 4 with 7" touchscreen and USB connected amplifier, and have to say that I’m very impressed! the Voumio app that had been on my phone for some time just worked, and I was able to configure the display easily and connect the Pi up to my Jellyfin server with no problem!

Well done, Volumio!

Greetings from Montreal, Canada currently -3 c.
Ihor is my name and I installed VOLUMIO today on a 10 year old LENOVO laptop that has no practical value in the world of WINDOWS 10 and beyond. It seems to have installed correctly and I like the fact that it is LINUX based…something new to learn and conquer.
This shall be entertaining and rewarding when I stream/play some tunes later on this week.
Later…

My name is Christian, living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA. I have been a lover of in particular classical music all my life.
I want to share my experience with vinyl record playback over Volumio. I am currently using a Scarlett2i2 (3rd gen) ADC/DAC as a DAC output via USB. The Scarlett has the advantage that one can use the balanced output to directly drive a class D poweramp, in my case a DIY amp with Pascal S-Pro2 module (2x250W on 8 Ohm). The beauty of the Scarlett is that it’s ADC input is recognised by Volumio and I can connect the output of my phono preamp (Cambridge Duo MM/MC) to it. This way I have a minimal system consisting of record player (Rega P3) phono preamp, Scarlett interface and Raspberry Pi4 on which I am not only able to enjoy audio in digital format, be it Qobuz, flac files, web radio or even from CD (simple external CD/DVD burner connected via USB) but also from my extensive vinyl collection. The icing on thee cake would be a plugin allowing to ‘rip’ the analog input, similar to what Volumio already allows for CD playback.

Hi, New user here, Bob in New Zealand. Just want to say really enjoying Volumio on Raspberry Pi 4 with a Nano Sound One DAC. I had a few problems at the start. 4 installs then everything worked and worked so well. Thanks. I’m an older member of this community, 65, and my computing skills are not wonderful but you have made it easy for us.
Regards, Bob.

Good Morning, I’m Roberto from Italy. I would be interested in putting up an audio streamer with volumio so…joined here. Hope I can learn a lot. Thank you

buon giorno sono Daniele un nuovo posessore di Volumio rivo un cordiale saluti a tutti

Greetings from Poland.

My name is Bartek. I live in central Poland, Sieradz City. I am an engineer, musician and enthusiast of new technologies and retro computers and audio video equipment. I love play guitar :slight_smile:

Greetings from CHINA. I am an experienced PC hardware salesman, Linux enthusiast, familiar with ARM/X86 Linux NAS (Mini Home Server). I started using Volumio in 2018 and was able to make DIY HIFI players powered by Volumio OS. Would like to share my experience with all of you.