2nd RPi setup howto

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: free
Hardware: RPi 4B, allo digione
DAC:Schitt Modi 3+

Is it possible to have more than one Volumio on a home network? I have one RPi for the stereo system, would like a 2nd in another room for headphones. Am using Android phone for access.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s entirely possible. Just make sure each one has a unique IP address, and give the second one a different player name too in Settings > System.

How you configure them beyond that is another question. For instance, where’s all your music stored, and how do both Volumio boxes access that music?

It’s more a question of how to choose which RPi to work on. I can’t find a way to select which one. It seemed the android app will only recognize one at a time. Does the pay version allow multiples?

Yes, it does.

I might be wrong, but with diferent names/IP, I think that both should appear on the app, it everything is on the same network.

Different, same network. Did I understand you to say I need the pay version?

No, I think you do NOT need to pay just to get the two raspberry in the Android app.
With both raspberry turned on, on the same network as the phone, Volumio app should find both and let you select wich to control, even on free plan.